Text boxes won't align left

Noel

Mar 15, 2004, 5:53:36 PM3/15/04
Text boxes in powerpoint 2000 default to 10 or 12 spaces
to the right of left align. Cannot correct. Text box
defaults to this indentation. Any suggestions?

TAJ Simmons

Mar 15, 2004, 6:05:08 PM3/15/04
Noel,

Click the textbox..... Format menu > format autoshape > Text box

Edit the Margins......and experiment with the "text anchor point"...you may prefer "left"

Chairs
TAJ Simmons
microsoft powerpoint mvp

awesome - powerpoint backgrounds,
free powerpoint templates, tutorials, hints and tips etc
http://www.powerpointbackgrounds.com

NEL

Mar 15, 2004, 6:48:47 PM3/15/04
>.
>TAJ thanks,
But left margins are set at 0 and there is no "left" in
the select list for Text anchor point. This is driving
me crazy.. I linked an excel graph into powerpoint and
then ungrouped it to save space. When I ungrouped it all
the text shifted right about 10 characters.

Echo S

Mar 15, 2004, 9:43:33 PM3/15/04
"NEL" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> But left margins are set at 0 and there is no "left" in
> the select list for Text anchor point. This is driving
> me crazy.. I linked an excel graph into powerpoint and
> then ungrouped it to save space. When I ungrouped it all
> the text shifted right about 10 characters.

Did you check the text anchor point? TAJ mentioned it, but it's easily
overlooked. Sometimes setting anchor to anything with "middle" in the name
will cause this behavior, even if the "middle" is in the vertical alignment
area...

Also check the bullet alignment on the ruler. View/Ruler to turn that on.
Are there any indent carats on the ruler?

--
Echo [MS PPT MVP]
http://www.echosvoice.com

Steve Rindsberg

Mar 16, 2004, 2:34:28 PM3/16/04

In addition to TAJ's and Echo's suggestions, check the text box tab of the
format dialog box - there might be a margin set on the text box as well.

--
Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com

灰太狼

Nov 13, 2023, 2:04:00 AM11/13/23
https://apkware.com/
BenBen Blogs Free Demo Slots offer a fun and easy way to experience online slots. With no financial risk or commitment, you can enjoy the thrills of spinning and winning without any of the worry. Try it out today and enjoy the excitement of online slots at your fingertips!