Exporting PPT-File with Animation

Michael Scheck

Oct 28, 2003, 5:09:02 AM10/28/03
Hello everybody!
Is there a way to export a PPT-files as jpg or bmp-files in a way that
every state of an animation is exported as a seperate file? For
example, if one slide has five lines of text that are animated to
appear on mouseclick, I would like to have five jpegs exported, each
with the slide as it is shown in the animation after each click.

Any ideas?
Kind regards,
Michael Scheck

Shyam Pillai

Oct 28, 2003, 5:40:06 AM10/28/03
Michael,
Take a look at this free add-in Capture Show -
http://www.mvps.org/skp/cshow.htm

--
Regards
Shyam Pillai

Handout Wizard
http://www.mvps.org/skp/how/

"Michael Scheck" <m.sc...@cds.de> wrote in message

Chirag

Oct 28, 2003, 5:49:18 AM10/28/03
Which version of PowerPoint are you using? PowerPoint 2003 comes with a
printer called "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer". This would enable
you to "print" the presentation to it. This printer allows you to store the
"printed" file as a TIF file or in its internal MDI format. The following
macro can print the animations using that printer. You can probably convert
the TIF files to JPEGs using some convertor.

---
Sub ExportAnimations()
With ActivePresentation
.PrintOptions.OutputType = ppPrintOutputBuildSlides
.PrintOptions.ActivePrinter = _
"Microsoft Office Document Image Writer"
.PrintOut
End With
End Sub
---

Insert this macro into your presentation and execute it to get the
animations printed out. You would be asked to provide the file name by the
Image Writer.

- Chirag
http://officerone.tripod.com/

PowerShow - View multiple shows simultaneously
http://officerone.tripod.com/powershow/powershow.html

Shyam Pillai

Oct 28, 2003, 7:49:47 AM10/28/03
This works provided the presentation don't use any of the new animation
features. It doesn't give the expected results if the presentation contains
emphasis/motion paths etc. Probably that's one of the reason why it is not
available in the UI of PPT2002/2003.

Regards
Shyam Pillai

"Chirag" <my_email_is@my_website.com> wrote in message

John Langhans [MSFT]

Oct 28, 2003, 5:46:09 PM10/28/03
Hello,

PowerPoint 2002 and PowerPoint 2003 do not have the capability to save
slide images (or print) with animations.

If you (or anyone else reading this message) feel strongly that some kind
feature for saving slide images (or printing slides) as other than how they
appear in normal/slide view (without having to resort to a programmatic or
add-in solution), don't forget to send your feedback to Microsoft at:

As with all product suggestions, it's important that you not just state
your wish but also why it is important to you that your product suggestion
be implemented by Microsoft. Microsoft receives thousands of product
suggestions every day and we read each one but, in any given product
development cycle, there are only sufficient resources to address the ones
that are most important to our customers so take the extra time to state
your case as clearly and completely as possible. Each submission should be
a single suggestion (not a list of suggestions).

John Langhans

Supportability Program Manager
Microsoft Office PowerPoint for Windows
Microsoft Office Picture Manager for Windows

Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

Michael Scheck

Oct 28, 2003, 7:12:01 PM10/28/03
Shyam,
thanks lots for your advice. Unfortunatly I cannot get the add-in to
work. It gives me a runtime-error "5" as soon as I click "begin". I
have used two different computers (Win 2k and XP in german, both
latest fixes and all) and Powerpoint 2000 and 2002.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to get it running.
Many thanks,
Michael Scheck

Shyam Pillai

Oct 29, 2003, 6:49:54 AM10/29/03
Michael,
The add-in has a couple of lines of code which are english version specific.
I'll correct the issue and upload it tomorrow.

--
Regards
Shyam Pillai

Image Importer Wizard
http://www.mvps.org/skp/iiw.htm

Shyam Pillai

Oct 29, 2003, 7:06:31 AM10/29/03
You can download the file again. I've uploaded a new PPA which will work on
non-english versions too.
--
Regards
Shyam Pillai