Can't change font when not on Network

Darrel

Jan 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/13/98

I am using a laptop with NT4.0 with SP3, attached to a netware server
and in an NT domain, I can change the Font size and type when logged in.
However, when at home I can load up Powerpoint(97 from the Profesional
Suite) successfully, but when I change the font, Powerpoint just hangs!

It is Powerpoint 97 installed from from the Office 97 upgrade CD-ROM,
and was installed dettached from the network, and did not have a
previous version on the laptop - it was upgraded using the old
powerpoint 4 setup disk 1.

Has anybody had the the same problem, or have any ideas? It would be
great if you did.

--
Darrel

Dan Ivie

Jan 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/16/98
to Darrel

I am having a very similar problem with a laptop with NT4.0 and SP3. I
installed Office 97 Pro from CD then applied SR-1. I did this installation
while not attached to the network. When I open any presentation or start a
new one, I cannot change the font from the pull down menu or the format
label nor can I format bullets. I tried completely uninstalling Office 97
and then used the Eraser 97 utility from the MS web site to remove all
Office references from the NT registry and some files from the NT
directory. After doing this I rebooted then re-installed Office 97 and had
the same problem. I'm not sure where to go from here. Any ideas would be
greatly appreciated.

---
Dan

Steve Rindsberg

Jan 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/16/98

In the past, there have been oddball problems sorta like this with
PowerPoint and third-party (ie, non-MS TCP/IP stacks). Might that be an
issue there?

Fair warning: we've just exhausted my *entire* knowledge of this problem.
Consider it a friendly shove in what may or may not be the right direction,
NOT knowledgeable advice, ok? <g>

--
Steve Rindsberg
Prez, RDP (a slide imaging service)

Ludger Wolter

Jan 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/17/98

I am also having similar problems with a laptop with NT4.0 and SP3. I
installed Office 97 Pro (German) from CD then applied SR-1. I did this

installation while not attached to the network. When I open any
presentation or start a new one, I cannot change the font from the pull down
menu or the format label nor can I format bullets.

When I try to change the font with VBA I get an
'Runtime-Error: -2147467259(800004005): Font(unknown element)'

I tried re-installation of Powerpoint and SP3 but after that I had the same

problem. I'm not sure where to go from here. Any ideas would be greatly
appreciated.

Ludger

Darrel schrieb in Nachricht ...