Creating spines in Powerpoint

Stephanie Renner

Aug 26, 2003, 11:15:18 AM8/26/03
Hello All - I would like to create a
"spine" to be slotted into the back of a three ring
binder. Can anyone guide me on how best to do this (I
just want to put general info on it, like the company,
name and date). Thanks so much and best wishes

Aug 26, 2003, 12:56:11 PM8/26/03
While PowerPoint is primarily presentation software, it has the flexibility
to do this.

Since you didn't mention the version of PowerPoint you are using, I'll
assume you are using PowerPoint 2000.
Get the measurements you need for the spine filler paper.
Open PowerPoint on a new blank presentation.
Create an autoshape box (don't worry about the size, yet).
Right click on the box
Select 'format autoshape'
Select Size tab
Enter your measurements in the appropriate boxes
This is now your working area.

Inside this working area, you may add whatever text boxes, pictures, colors
you want to make it look how you want.

Print it.
Trim it to the edges of your resized original box.
Slide it into the spine sleeve.

"Stephanie Renner" <stephan...@railserveinc.com> wrote in message

Stephanie Renner

Aug 26, 2003, 1:21:09 PM8/26/03
Great! Thank you very much! I really appreciate the
help. Best wishes
>.

Gwen Lisa

Aug 26, 2003, 2:18:38 PM8/26/03
>.
>The only way to make a spine in Powerpoint that I have
found is to do it manually using the ruler. Doing it this
way will allow you to make it any color or color scheme
you want. But if you use Word, there is a template for
spines (I found it at the end of the labels list). This
should work perfectly.