I can't believe MS has no solution for this (email syncing)

Gnomecaster

Dec 16, 2001, 3:13:47 AM12/16/01
Caution: Falling rant ahead....

Recently I migrated from palm to Pocket PC for better email syncing
and office app compatibility. Overall I'm really happy with it but
have one majory gripe....syncing multiple outlook profiles to
different places.

Like just about everyone else I have a work email and a home email. I
want a way to be able to sync both to seperate inboxes. Simple, no?

From all my research on google it appears there's just no solution for
this. I get to sync either work stuff or home stuff but not both.

Crazy....just crazy *shakes head in disbelief*

What do y'all do?

Gnome

Xing Gao

Dec 16, 2001, 4:51:33 AM12/16/01
you can do it in PPC 2002
set up multiple accounts and by pass outlook totally

"Gnomecaster" <no...@goaway.com> wrote in message

pete...@singnet.com.sg

Dec 16, 2001, 5:06:23 AM12/16/01
What I do is download the mails from the server directly
and creating different services. I even setup a wireless
LAN at home for this.

regards

>.

pete...@singnet.com.sg

Dec 16, 2001, 5:06:19 AM12/16/01
What I do is download the mails from the server directly
and creating different services. I even setup a wireless
LAN at home for this.

regards

>.

Jerrold Sharkey

Dec 16, 2001, 5:11:12 AM12/16/01
How do you bypass Outlook?
>.

AZ

Dec 18, 2001, 5:21:51 PM12/18/01
If you have Pocket PC 2000, you can use Windows CE Inbox Transfer in Outlook
to copy specific email messages to any folder on the Pocket PC.
If you have Pocket PC 2002, you can set up your email accounts separatly in
the Inbox program and then connect to those services while connect to
Activesync using the internet pass through (just works automatically if the
desktop is connected to the internet). But you'll want to make sure you're
email accounts are set to leave a copy of messages on the server.
I like to keep about 3-5 days worth of messages on the server, so I set my
primary desktop Outlook to delete messages on the server after that
specified period of time. All my other email clients are set to leave
messages on server at all times. That way there's no confusion as to where
which email message has been saved.
Then if when you send messages from a non-primary client, you want those
messages saved, you'll have to send a CC to yourself and then have Outlook
filter those messages into the Sent folder. If you have IMAP, the sent
messages on your Pocket PC 2002 will SOMETIMES get copied to the Sent folder
on the IMAP server. If you have Pocket PC 2000 and a POP3 account, the sent
messages get saved locally on the Pocket PC with each account and you can
use Windows CE Inbox Transfer to move them back to your primary Outlook
installation when you return to your desktop. If you have Pocket PC 2002
and a POP3 account, sent messages also get saved locally on the Pocket PC,
but there's nothing you can do about getting those messages moved back to
Outlook because CE Transfer doesn't work on 2002 and Inbox syncing is of
absolutely NO USE to people who use multiple Inbox email accounts. Hence
the reason for sending a carbon copy of sent email messages to yourself for
archiving and record-keeping purposes.

ronnieb...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2018, 8:15:17 PM11/14/18
I was given a LG mobile device which i switched service from my old device to now the problem i am having is trying to get passed a synced email account and phone number that I don't know and can't contact the person to get the information is there any thin to get this information or simply bypass it