Problems with Shirtpocket.co.uk

Emmanuel Lesser

Feb 1, 2005, 4:28:05 AM2/1/05
Hi

I ordered a Sharp Zaurus on the site Shirtpocket.co.uk and completed
the full payment via bank deposit two days later.
It has now been almost 2 weeks already and I have not heard ANYTHING
from Shirtpocket! Not a confirmation e-mail to confirm receipt of
payment, not any other e-mail informing me about status of my order.
I tried to call them a thousand times, but I always got to an answer
phone, and never got called back!

Does anyone know what I can do about this?

Thanks!!!!!

david....@themisweb.com

Feb 25, 2005, 5:02:34 AM2/25/05
I have just had a similar experience. Purchased and received
notification/invoice on 4th Feb, then nothing. They took the money,
haven't delivered the goods and not replied to any emails. I note that
their web site is down, and I don't have their phone number, do you?

Fortunately I used PayPal, so I may be able to reclaim.

GoodLuck,

David

r4qm4n

Mar 14, 2005, 1:48:31 PM3/14/05
Me too, I ordered an SL-C3000 on 6th Feb. Apart from an order
acknowledgement, and them taking my money, I have heard nothing, no
replies to emails, no-one answers the phone.

I'm fast coming to the conclusion that I've been had by a bunch of Cowboys!

*Very* pissed off......

xTenn

Mar 14, 2005, 2:31:29 PM3/14/05

"r4qm4n" <r4q...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I'm fast coming to the conclusion that I've been had by a bunch of
> Cowboys!

Cowboys != *.co.uk

;)

r4qm4n

Mar 14, 2005, 6:08:51 PM3/14/05
Que ??
Message has been deleted

doctorwhatsit

Mar 15, 2005, 5:10:10 AM3/15/05
Glad you got your refund.

I've just been looking at their web site, and it appears to have been
updated since I last looked at it (think it was yesterday.) That
heartens me somewhat: it at least seems to indicate that they haven't
vanished into the night (in the literal or metaphorical sense.)

Why they apparently don't make any attempt whatsoever to answer
customer enquiries is just beyond me. If the stuff is on order from
abroad, I'm happy to sit on my hands and wait as long as it takes: I
just need some reassurance that that is the case.

xTenn

Mar 15, 2005, 10:57:19 AM3/15/05

> Que ??

> xTenn wrote:
>> Cowboys != *.co.uk

Thought it was simple.

Cowboys - cowboys

!= - not equal

*.co.uk - anything in uk

In other words, you won't find the real cowboys in UK. ;)

r4qm4n

Mar 15, 2005, 1:10:58 PM3/15/05
Oh, I get it now.....

xTenn

Mar 15, 2005, 2:51:12 PM3/15/05

> Oh, I get it now.....

Yeah, now that it is open to public spectacle from a better viewing angle it
was kinda silly wasn't it?

At the time of original posting it seemed utterly witty, but as the thread
went on it lost any appeal. The cool twist was the definition of exactly
what kind of Cowboy was being referenced, be it American Mid-Western,
Australian or even Dallas Cowboy.

The second reply I made was an over-zealous attempt to salvage the atempt,
with a play on the word "real" to seize upon the quasi-unknown region of
again exactly what kind of cowboy was indeed being referenced.

As it is all three of these replies in this thread that I have commited to
the ethers of usenet could probably be summed up as a dismal failure,
something that I strangely enough find rather comforting. It takes the
pressure of, as it were.

And that I now realize was perhaps the intent - a little jocularity before I
come across as too intense or anything...

:)

r4qm4n

Mar 15, 2005, 6:04:02 PM3/15/05
Can I have some of what you're smoking ??

:-)

r4qm4n

Mar 30, 2005, 7:55:28 AM3/30/05
Update:

Looks like they are getting back online, the main page has been updated,
I also just phoned them (and they answered!!) and they say that they
have a batch of Zaurus's (zuarii?) coming in next week.

Apparently they had major database problems after the server move, and
they apologised profusely for the deafening silence over the last couple
of months.

Shame I've already told the credit card company to cancel the
transaction.....I may cancel that request.