Which Ipaq works with Office 2013/Win 7 64?

itchy

Aug 28, 2013, 12:11:18 PM8/28/13

Does anyone know offhand which Ipaq works with Outlook 2013 on
Windows 7 Pro. I guess that will be using Windows Media Center
for the sync [Tasks, calender, contacts]

thanks,

itchy

ZZH...@yahoo.com

Aug 28, 2013, 6:05:13 PM8/28/13
As far as I can tell with my Ipaqs and Windows 7 Pro none of them will
work.

So I have a number of Ipaq paper weights.

itchy

Aug 30, 2013, 8:57:35 AM8/30/13

> >Hi,
>

> >Does anyone know offhand which Ipaq works with Outlook 2013 on
>
> >Windows 7 Pro. I guess that will be using Windows Media Center
>
> >for the sync [Tasks, calender, contacts]
>

> >thanks,
>

> >itchy
>
> As far as I can tell with my Ipaqs and Windows 7 Pro none of them will
>
> work.
>

> So I have a number of Ipaq paper weights.

Did you try installing Activsync under XP Mode? I read somewhere that would
work, although I'm not sure if you have to install an older Outlook under
XP mode as well, or if you can install Outlook 2013 under XP mode. I
unfortunately will be trying various methods like these fairly soon.

itchy

ZZH...@yahoo.com

Aug 30, 2013, 3:41:43 PM8/30/13
My understanding is Activesync will not work with Windows 7,
and Outlook 2013 will not with the Ipaq.

In other words i'm screwed big time. My ipaq is now
completely useless.

itchy

Sep 19, 2013, 10:28:45 AM9/19/13

> >Did you try installing Activsync under XP Mode? I read somewhere that would
>
> >work, although I'm not sure if you have to install an older Outlook under
>
> >XP mode as well, or if you can install Outlook 2013 under XP mode. I
>
> >unfortunately will be trying various methods like these fairly soon.
>

> >itchy
>
> My understanding is Activesync will not work with Windows 7,
>
> and Outlook 2013 will not with the Ipaq.
>

> In other words i'm screwed big time. My ipaq is now
>
> completely useless.

Well I'm planning to try the xp mode installation [you have to download it]
and check out activesync. Other than that there is the apple phone which
will sync with windows 7/outlook using some third party software.
the droids are just full of stuff waiting to swim upstream

Todd Allcock

Oct 28, 2013, 1:10:15 PM10/28/13
Not really. You can sync OL 2013 with any iPaq running PPC 2003 or
higher via an Outlook.com/Hotmail/Live account. If you are cloud-phobic,
there's a third-party program called Akruto Sync that you can install on
your PC that will act as a faux Exchange server and let you sync the iPaq
wirelessly without a cloud intermediary.