Loosing SD card memory

1 view

A very-soon-to-be-angry PocketPC user

Aug 6, 2004, 6:17:47 PM8/6/04
Hi Gurus,

I'm getting sick with the problems that my Pocket PC Phone
Edition from T-Mobile has - once in a while it starts
acting slower and unresponsive. Some programs stop
working - for example my SyncML client doesn't connect to
the server. Or my Tasks application doesn't accept
clicking on the completion check mark and responds with a
memory error.

Interestingly, if I soft reset, everything suddenly starts
working again. Is PocketPC 2003 designed to have to be
soft-reset every once in a while. Ok, ok, I know, I too
live on Earth and have used Windows before, but this is
starting to get irritating.

But the most irritating part is that whenever I do a soft-
reset the entire content of my SD card goes kaput. At some
point I concluded that I had to take the SD card out when
soft-resetting. But that reassurance vanished in thin air
when already a couple of times it deletes the content of
the SD card the first time after inserting it back after
the soft-reset. And yes, I do turn the device off when
taking out or inserting the SD card.

I complained to the manufacturer of my first card -
Kingston - but then I bought a SanDisk and it is doing
exactly the same. So, it is perfectly obvious to me that
it is not the card, but the device.

Has anybody experienced this? What am I doing wrong?
Please, advise.

George Hills

Aug 6, 2004, 7:52:23 PM8/6/04
I have learned to leave my SD card "locked". When I want to write something
to it, I unlock it and write the files. I then relock it. This is a pain,
but it has solved the problem.

"A very-soon-to-be-angry PocketPC user"
<anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Adrian

Aug 7, 2004, 10:06:13 PM8/7/04
Hi, This is happening to me too. After complaining several times to T-Mobile
and Changing 2 Phones for this Problem (under warranty). I realize that
nobody in T-Mobile knows about it and how to fix it. BUT, In a forum I heard
a guy that solve this problem just by keeping the DEFAULT THEME on. So, I
gave it a try. And IT WORKS!!! Not perfectly, But it works. I mean, before
this, my SD used to go blank almost once a day. And after putting and
keeping the default windows today theme, It only happened twice in now
almost a month. So, I think It works somehow. I have to say, having the
default theme on my pocket pc is not like I really like it, but is more
frustrating having to reload my 512MB Sandisk card everyday.
So... Give it a try and post your results.

Good Luck to everybody here and I wish You ALL have a Nice Day.

Adrian
www.agdusa.com

"George Hills" <ghi...@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message

Al Turney

Aug 11, 2004, 11:30:17 AM8/11/04
I'm having the same problem...
I replaced my Kingston 256mb with a new one, thinking it
was the card.
It seemed to do the trick for a while, but I just took a
look at my storage card and it is blank...AGAIN...
"Glad" to hear it's just not the Kingston Card's though...
Thought I was getting burnt for using a more cost
effective card.
I will stay tuned for any possible solutions.
- Al

>.

Mister Pic

Aug 12, 2004, 6:44:43 PM8/12/04
This thing is really wierd. It happend once to me too.
No one really know the real reason about the auto-format bug in MDA II/XDA
II/SPV M1000
I've heard something about formatting the card to Fat32 and the Cluster size
to 512k.
But with this the whole card is going slow.
I dont know If they ever will find a fix for this nasty bug.

--
SPV M1000 user from the Netherlands.

"Adrian" <adrian...@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

SolInvictus

Sep 3, 2004, 1:08:19 AM9/3/04

I have become a victim to this tooo many times, and I work for
T-Mobile!

I have a Pocket PC phone edition with Mobile 2003. I have a 256 SD
card, and have my card blanking on me at least three times a week. I
have troubleshot this to Hates, and nothing. I have done 3 exchanges,
bought 2 SD cards, and have hard reset and uninstalled and re installed
all my items. I got to a level 3 tech who (if they are right) said it
has nothing to do with my phone nor my card.

Supposively it is with Microsoft's programing. They said there is no
patch of yet, but I'm still VERY frustrated. Anyone have any new info
of this?

Thanks

chrisya...@msn.com

--
SolInvictus

Chuck

Sep 8, 2004, 10:33:04 AM9/8/04
I have the same problem with WM2003 4.01.16
Any solutions yet?
I am really tired of restoring my card.

"SolInvictus" <SolInvict...@mail.mcse.ms> wrote in message

alexalex...@gmail.com

May 9, 2014, 2:39:05 AM5/9/14
Format the card in the camera. If that doesn't work then the card has failed and you need another. Don't buy the cheapest you can find, get a recognized brand. No point in spending $$$ on the camera then saving a few $$ by buying the cheapest SD card you can find. I use nothing but SanDisk. For more details. http://www.easyreplication.co.uk/flash-cards/