Freeing up storage and program space

Xaos

May 24, 2010, 6:36:36 AM5/24/10
My HTC Pure says that out of 234MB, only 19MB are free in storage Memory
and out of 185MB, 57MB are free in Program Memory.

Are they talking about RAM memory or physical storage?

And how can I delete something to increase the about that I have.

Thanks in advance!

Chaz

Beverly Howard

May 24, 2010, 10:45:54 AM5/24/10
copla suggestions;

soft reset and immediately recheck that figure

clear your pie cache and delete the temp folder content

soft reset again and immediately recheck that figure

how many installed apps do you have? start/settings/system/remove...

remove the ones you never use

install programs to storage card

Beverly Howard

Sven

May 24, 2010, 11:28:26 PM5/24/10
Bevs hints are good for fixing, but to help out your understanding a bit,
Storage Memory on a WM device is like your hard drive. It is where your
contacts, documents, pictures and programs are loaded, unless you explicitly
change that. You can't change the Outlook stuff, contacts, calendar, etc,
but most of the other stuff you can change to going to a flash card, kind of
a like a second hard drive. Program Memory is like your RAM on a PC, where
programs run. The more that are running, the more program memory (RAM) is
taken up. As much as MS wants to say memory management happens, most folks
still like to use some sort of task manager, to forcefully close
applications and free up memory. A soft reset will absolutely flush things
out of memory that don't need to be there, but that is more of an
inconvenience on most cell phones, than it used to be on Pocket PCs. Many
cell phone manufacturers even include some sort of task manager.

"Xaos" <chaz...@yahoo.com> wrote in message