Dell Axim X30 & WM 10

1 view

X30@discussions.microsoft.com Axim X30

Dec 17, 2009, 10:47:01 PM12/17/09
I have this X30 on which I would like to watch preloaded video. The video is
in the .avi format and the X30 doesn't seem to like the .avi format so it
gets all sulky and tells me it can't play the format when we all bloody well
know that .avi will play on WM on a PC. Because of the difference, X30 being
smaller[of mind mostly] are there special settings needed when converting
video to .avi or is a different file tye required here. Such as .wma or m4v?

Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]

Dec 21, 2009, 6:35:54 PM12/21/09

You won't be able to use media player 11 to sync with conversion to
the Axim, as I found out with my X3 (pocket PC support was removed
inexplicably during the WMP11 Beta)

Windows moviemaker (the standalone program rather than the 'windows
live moviemaker' version) has device output settings for pocket PC
devices, which should get acceptable quality when converting from AVI
to WMV.

As long as media player can play the file OK, moviemaker should be
able to convert it.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/MovieMaker2.mspx

Then just slap the converted file onto a memory card in your card
reader, and stick the memory card into the Axim and it should be
recognised (or move the file to My Documents).

You can use ActiveSync / windows mobile device center to move the file
directly to the Dell if you prefer to cable it instead of the memory
card route (it'll be a slower transfer to memory card so I'd use the
card reader)

HTH
Cheers- Neil
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2009