RegisterDeviceNotification + DBT_DEVTYPE_DEVICEINTERFACE: Is it RNDIS ?

R.Wieser

May 24, 2013, 9:17:55 PM5/24/13
Hello all,

I've created small windows program in Windows which uses
RegisterDeviceNotification together with DBT_DEVTYPE_DEVICEINTERFACE to see
if a WindowMobile device *might* have been connected.

The problem is that altough I get a notification-message (WM_DEVICECHANGE) I
have not idea how to determine if it was actually an RNDIS connection, or
better yet, if it was a WindowsMobile device that was inserted.

In short, it boils down to how I can check if a newly-connected device is a
windows-mobile device. Does anyone have an idea (I've already googled for a
couple of days now, no luck) ?

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

R.Wieser

May 25, 2013, 5:33:59 AM5/25/13
I forgot to tell: The detection method should work without ActiveSync
installed (possibly even without RNDIS?).

Regards,
Rudy Wieser