Restore original factory settings

Sony

Oct 20, 2006, 3:19:05 AM10/20/06
How we can programatically Restore original factory settings in windows
mobile 5 pocket PC. I have used SetCleanRebootFlag() and KernelIoControl.But
its only rebooting/soft resetting the device. Any thoughts?

John Nossluap

Oct 20, 2006, 7:10:11 AM10/20/06

There is no official way unfortunately, only model/vendor -specific
ones, if any.

Nancy Snyder

Oct 20, 2006, 3:54:01 PM10/20/06
For some reason I can not start a new post in this discussion group. I
click on NEW and nothing happens and my pop up blocker is turned off.
However, if I click on REPLY to a message, such as here, I am able to reply.

I mistakenly removed IBM Help and Support from my xp machine. This
has caused my system restore to not see restore points. I have read many
messages on here about this and have learned a lot. My only recourse now is
to recover to factory settings. This would mean I would have to download SP2
and hundreds of updates, not to mention the application re-installs, etc.

I have looked at BootIT NG and TureImage software but can't tell if
these would allow me to restore to original factory status and then somehow
from a back up drive, make a click or two and put my system back to the way
it is now and yet preserve the IBM Help and Support that would be installed
with the back to factory settings. Would appreciate any comments anyone
might have about this. Thank You.
Nancy

mtl...@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2013, 10:24:24 PM11/9/13