Installation failure on Pocket PC 2002 SDK

Andrew Comley

Aug 2, 2002, 2:35:09 PM8/2/02
Have Pocket PC SDK installed and functioning, but when I
try to install the newer Pocket PC 2002 SDK, the
installation rolls back when trying to install Platform
Manager components. Anyone recognise this!!??
OS Windows 2000 SP2.

Ashley A Elenjickal [MS]

Aug 2, 2002, 6:14:10 PM8/2/02
do you have anti virus running? we have seen that on some machines you need
to uninstall(not disabling) anti virus before installing the SDK. do you
have admin right?

Ashley Antony Elenjickal
Devp Support - Windows Embedded
Microsoft Corporation

--------------------
From: "Andrew Comley" <aco...@aol.com>
Sender: "Andrew Comley" <aco...@aol.com>
Subject: Installation failure on Pocket PC 2002 SDK
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 11:35:09 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer

Shaklee3

Aug 3, 2002, 1:03:07 AM8/3/02
if you cannot install it you should not be attempting to use it.

"Andrew Comley" <aco...@aol.com> wrote in message

Andrew Comley

Aug 3, 2002, 4:39:25 AM8/3/02
Many thanks for the suggestion, I have uninstalled Norton
Antivirus but makes no difference so far, do I have to
reinstall embedded tools also? I am logged on as an
Administrator but is there any thing else I need to do to
get the necessary admin rights with this particular
installation??

dc

Sep 5, 2002, 1:10:06 PM9/5/02
I am having a similar problem.
W2000 Pro + SP3
eVT 3.0 installed

PPC 2002 SDK install runs for a while then hangs. The window says
"Registering Platform Manager Components". but the progress bar has halted,
all disk activity has ceased, and it never seems to move.

Emulator.exe is running, and if I terminate that process, then the install
rollback happens.

I have CA AntiVirus . Can someone elaborate on how/why/which antivirus
interferes with the install of the PPC2002 SDK ?

Do I need to have ActiveSync also installed? I checked the readme but did
not see anything on this.

sandra.r...@yahoo.com

Sep 12, 2011, 5:02:42 PM9/12/11
I think you guys should check out http://www.opswat.com/ there are 2 or 3 products that may be a match, I think that OESIS Framework at http://www.opswat.com/products/oesis-framework provide a single interface to many antivirus packages, another option is I think Metascan at http://www.opswat.com/products/metascan which is more for ISV, I also found that many antivirus engines certified by OPSWAT at http://www.opswat.com/certified

I hope this helps.
Regards,

Sandra86