file conversion from Word to PocketWord

b0s...@my-deja.com

Jan 30, 2001, 10:35:41 PM1/30/01
is anyone aware of any tools that convert files
from MS Word to PocketWord and MS Excel to
PocketExcel? tia. -will

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Jeff Henkels

Jan 31, 2001, 8:39:59 AM1/31/01
Check out the CE Services file converter, a free download from Microsoft.
Note that it runs on the PC and requires installation of ActiveSync 3.x or
CE Services 2.x.

I don't know of any converters that run on CE devices, except for those
built into more recent versions of CE.

John Cody

Feb 11, 2001, 12:04:01 PM2/11/01
I've found that the program doesn't work. It seems that it wants to invoke
file converters that should come with MS Office and not the ones that come
with ActiveSync. For example, if I try to convert a DOC file it says
"xxxx.doc could not be converted because the file converter was not found or
is not needed". But if I let activesync convert it (via the \my documents
file sync folder), it will convert it to the psw format.

It seems that Windows CE Services File Converter was written for ActiveSync
2.0, 2.1 (aka. Windows CE Services) and support for it was dropped with the
release of active sync 3.x

-John Cody

"Jeff Henkels" <je...@mapson.privatemail.com> wrote in message

kalpana...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2012, 1:12:04 AM10/12/12
File conversion has become an essential operation in today's business as companies continue to produce great amount of data from their everyday activities. It is imperative to the customers that the information the company has at its disposal requires greater ease of access and quality attached to it.

Informatics Outsourcing is an Offshore Data Management service company. Data Management Service includes all types of Data Conversion, File Conversion, XML Conversion, HTML Conversion,SGML Conversion, Document Conversion,Data Entry, Data Extraction and Validation,OCR and ICR Services with affordable price. Our team to give the solution quickly and given requirements.