Calendar issues

Nick

Sep 9, 2003, 9:02:48 AM9/9/03
I know this has been asked, but I could not find the tread... so I apologize
for the repost.

I have- what is becoming- a major problem. My PPC (2003) docks to my
personal desktop which is connected to my personal exchange server. I also
sync it via IR to my laptop which is connected to my office (VPN to
Exchange). I get all of my work appointments from my work laptop and they
constitute the bulk of my calendar items. I put personal items on to my
personal calendar... yadda yadda yadda both calendars are usually synched.
However, it seems that about once a week now I loose almost my entire
calendar. I'll open up my personal desktop calendar and the only
appointments left are those attached to contacts and the occasional personal
apt. So I'll re-sync with my work laptop and lose all of them. Needless to
say its getting embarrassing to keep asking co-workers to re-send
appointments. I have tried messing with rules (IE always replace from the
Laptop to the PPC) but then I tend to lose changes to personal items (from
the desktop).
I feel like I have seen others post regarding this problem. Are there
any good solutions?

Thanks!
Nick

Nick

Sep 9, 2003, 9:26:17 AM9/9/03
One other issue I'll throw into the mix:
Often several items go un-resolved b/c outlook doesn't recognize the contact
associated with the appointment.
For instance: I'll create a personal appointment with my name and contact
info on it and it will not be synched to my laptop (work account) b/c my
name is different on the work exchange server.

Thanks again,
Nick

"Nick" <npd...@nick-dawson.com> wrote in message

Rob Borek, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices

Sep 9, 2003, 5:08:34 PM9/9/03
On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 09:02:48 -0400, "Nick" <npd...@nick-dawson.com>
wrote:

When you say "lose your calendar items", will they go missing on your
desktop computer first or you Pocket PC (and then get deleted on your
desktop as soon as you synchronize)?

--
Rob Borek
CCNA, MCP, Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices

Nick

Sep 10, 2003, 8:34:25 AM9/10/03
Rob,
Thanks for the reply!
They typically go missing on the desktop, despite being present on the
(docked) PPC. I can try resynching, etc but they never come back. Eventually
I loose them on the PPC and consequentially the Laptop. Although, I have not
certain that this is the order every time.

-N

Rob Borek, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices

Sep 10, 2003, 5:09:49 PM9/10/03
On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 08:34:25 -0400, "Nick" <npd...@nick-dawson.com>
wrote:

>Rob,
>Thanks for the reply!
>They typically go missing on the desktop, despite being present on the
>(docked) PPC. I can try resynching, etc but they never come back. Eventually
>I loose them on the PPC and consequentially the Laptop. Although, I have not
>certain that this is the order every time.

If they go missing on the desktop first, it's most likely an issue
with Outlook on the desktop - see if you can see if it happens on the
desktop prior to synchronizing. If it does, you might want to ask in
the Outlook newsgroups (microsoft.public.outlook.*) for a solution, as
they know more about Outlook than anyone in here.

little...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2012, 11:09:13 AM9/1/12
If your appointment calendar is on the cloud you'll never have to worry about transferring your schedule from device to device. Check out http://www.facebook.com/lizibot . It's one of the first cloud deployed appointment scheduling management services. Won't release until next week but it's looking strong.