NSE and Drag&Drop

Kai-Uwe

Jun 3, 2009, 4:38:01 PM6/3/09
Hi all,

I have developed a NSE which handles the virtual view on a DMS system. I am
having trouble with a Drag & Drop from Documents stored in the DMS to a local
directory.
I have implemented IDataObject so far and i am using pFormatetc->cfFormat ==
CF_HDROP for copying the Docs and Folders.
Using CF_HDROP because the DMS dont support any stream like data transfers.
Anyways, it works so far BUT, i am missing a way to provide the user with a
progressbar when he's dragging alot stuff.

Getting the files from the DMS server is the expensive task where i would
like to inform the user.

But the GetData, where i collect my data from the DMS gets called several
times.

What are the reasons for this ?

Is there a place which is called just once per user Drag&Drop action ?