Adding a VoIP phone to winmobile, and disabling default windows mo

1 view

usva.techdev

Oct 30, 2009, 7:01:01 PM10/30/09

I'm trying to add my own VoIP phone to WinMobile.

Reading over the docs I found that TAPI provides the ability to register new
TSP for VoIP as stated in
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa454154%28classic%29.aspx
Registering that new TSP is done through calling lineInitializeEx, and then
lineAddProvider. Additionally I will have to create TSPI dll

However, I'm getting confused because it seems like I have to talke to a
modem, which doesn't make sense to me since I want to use internet connection
for voice transfer. It also says that TSP is the driver to the hardware.
In this web page http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa922068.aspx says
that "TAPI application programming interface to establish a modem connection."

so i have the following question:

1.- Could anyone confirm that adding a TSP through, lineAddProvider, is the
correct way to add my VoIP phone to windows mobile?
If it is not, could you please tell which other options I have.?

2.- If TAPI and TSP is not the option then I would like to disable the
default windows mobile dialer, to handle all incoming and outgoing calls from
my VoIP applicaction, any idea on how to do this?

Thanks, I appreciate all of your help.

Ulises Vega.

Andreas Marschall [exMVP TAPI]

Nov 1, 2009, 4:35:29 PM11/1/09
"usva.techdev" <usva.t...@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:4AE0CD3A-E2CE-4E65...@microsoft.com...

Ulises,
It is recommended to post TAPI questions only to the managed TAPI newsgroup:
microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tapi
See my TAPI and TSPI FAQ:
Q: What newsgroups are covering TAPI ?
http://www.i-b-a-m.de/Andreas_Marschall's_TAPI_and_TSPI_FAQ.htm#_Q:_What_newsgroups