TAPI Vista / Zultys Integration

Lee Neubecker

Aug 6, 2008, 5:32:11 PM8/6/08
I am trying to get Outlook 2007 to dial using MX Telephony Service Provider
(Mode = MS Outlook 2002 compatible) to dial from outlook. I am running
Vista Home. I used to be able to do this on XP without a problem.

The current list of Advanced Tab Providers off the Phone and Modems Options
menu includes:
Microsoft HID Phone TSP
Microsoft Windows Remote Service Provider
MX Telephony Service Provider
NDIS Proxy TAPI Service Provider
TAPI Kernel-Mode Service Provider
Unimodem 5 Service Provider
Notably missing from the new computer are two Providers that used to be
there with XP, including:
Microsoft H.323 Telephony Service Provider
Microsoft Multicast Conference TAPI Service Provider
I am able to initiate a call from Zultys softphone client using MX Telephony
Service Provider, but when I try using the same provider from Outlook 2007
(or even Maximizer for that matter), I get:
Call status: On hook
then press Start Call (Dialing Options - verified MX

Call status: Dialing
Popup window "Another program is using the selected telephony device. Try
again after the other program is finished."

I have rebooted, reinstalled the MX Software, and various other things. Can
I add back in the two missing providers somehow? I didn't see anyway to do
this from the control panel. Any other ideas on how to trouble shoot would
be appreciated!

Microsoft H.323 Telephony Service Provider
Microsoft Multicast Conference TAPI Service Provider

Thanks,

Lee Neubecker
Forensicon

Andreas Marschall [MVP TAPI]

Aug 18, 2008, 3:28:19 AM8/18/08
"Lee Neubecker" <lneub...@forensicon.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Lee,
It is recommended to post TAPI questions only to the managed TAPI newsgroup:
microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tapi
See my TAPI and TSPI FAQ:
Q: What newsgroups are covering TAPI ?
http://www.i-b-a-m.de/Andreas_Marschall's_TAPI_and_TSPI_FAQ.htm#_Q:_What_newsgroups