modem not return caller id info.

vikas

Dec 16, 2005, 5:14:32 AM12/16/05
question for any tapi experts, if they are still here

-> modem not return caller id info.

Regarding this I want to clear that my modem is TAPI and caller ID
compatible ,
the strings I use are "ATZ" and "AT+VCID=1" IN HYPER TERMINAL,both responces
are OK.when I making call than modem return only RING.plz help me , how
modem return caller ID info.
I am working on Visual Basic 6 and "Zoom Internal 56K LT Voice Faxmodem"
modem.

--
regards
Vikas Murarka

Andreas Marschall [MVP TAPI]

Dec 16, 2005, 6:12:47 AM12/16/05
"vikas" <ank...@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Vikas,
please stop repeatedly posting the same question.
This is a newsgroup, not a chatroom!

If you post the same message to several newsgoups don't multi-post (send it
several times) but cross-post (send it one time with all the newsgroups
separated by comma) it.

It is recommended to post TAPI questions only to the managed TAPI newsgroup:
microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tapi
See my TAPI and TSPI FAQ:
Q: What newsgroups are covering TAPI ?
http://www.i-b-a-m.de/Andreas_Marschall's_TAPI_and_TSPI_FAQ.htm#_Q:_What_newsgroups

See my reply to your other posting in
microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tapi

--
Best Regards
Andreas Marschall

vikas

Dec 23, 2005, 8:05:01 AM12/23/05
I facing a problem that modem not return caller id info
One site says that,
"The majority of voice modems supports Caller ID standard used in the US,
Canada, Australia and New Zealand. For the United Kingdom, however, only a
few brands include Caller ID support. These brands include:
3Com / U.S. Robotics Message Modem
Hayes Accura
Pace "

and my modem is "Zoom Internal 56K LT Voice Faxmodem"
Is it support caller id?

I check modem log file there is no any information about caller id but
my HYPER TERMNAL test say OK ,so plz tell me where I m wrong and what to do
for it?
I start to create a TAPI application for this I installed core SDK .plz tell
me how I go ahead for TAPI application