Voice mail services

es...@surfbest.net

Aug 19, 2005, 8:14:30 PM8/19/05
Sorry if this is off-topic, but I felt it was slightly too technical to
post in some of the other groups.

Does anyone know of any companies out their that provide voice-mail
servers, like Vonage.com or OneBox.com, but that also expose a server
interface so that a developer could write a program to access the
voice-mail database directly? They all have web-interfaces, and can
forward to e-mail, but I'd like to find one that works like a mail
server where I could write a program that would let me download my
messages (and delete them from the server, which forwarding to email
doesn't let me do).

(Hey, this part is on topic), I've looked into writing my own
voice-mail system, using TAPI and Dialogic cards, but I think the
services out there, which are as cheap as $5 a month, are a much better
option for us because we don't want to purchase hardware, or worry
about backups, or power failures, etc.

Andreas Marschall [MVP TAPI]

Aug 20, 2005, 4:26:12 AM8/20/05
<es...@surfbest.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

It is recommended to post TAPI questions only to the managed TAPI newsgroup:
microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tapi
See my TAPI and TSPI FAQ:
Q: What newsgroups are covering TAPI ?
http://www.i-b-a-m.de/Andreas_Marschall's_TAPI_and_TSPI_FAQ.htm#_Q:_What_newsgroups

--
Best Regards
Andreas Marschall

Bobby

Aug 30, 2005, 12:40:04 PM8/30/05
Onebox.com offers a direct API interface, in addition to IMAP4 and POP3
access.

es...@surfbest.net

Sep 2, 2005, 7:23:54 PM9/2/05
Thanks Bobby, and I sent you an email to get more info, because your
web-site doesn't mention any of these features. I haven't heard a
response to my email yet, which is why I'm posting this here. If you
really do provide these features, please send more info via email.