Lakhmir Singh Manjit Kaur Biology Class 10 17

Candi Ruman

Dec 9, 2023, 5:53:40 PM12/9/23
Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur Solutions for Class 10 Biology Chapter 17: Management of Natural Resources
Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur are renowned authors of science textbooks for students of class 10. Their solutions for class 10 biology chapter 17 cover the topic of management of natural resources in a comprehensive and easy-to-understand manner. The solutions include detailed explanations, diagrams, examples and exercises to help students learn the concepts and apply them in various situations.

lakhmir singh manjit kaur biology class 10 17

Download File https://jfilte.com/2wJpJu

The chapter deals with the importance of natural resources such as water, forests, wildlife, coal, petroleum and natural gas, and how they can be conserved and used sustainably. It also discusses the role of individuals and communities in protecting the environment and preventing pollution. The chapter also introduces the concepts of biodiversity, ecosystem services, renewable and non-renewable resources, and sustainable development.

Some of the main topics covered in the chapter are:

Why do we need to manage our resources?
Forests and wildlife
Water for all
Coal and petroleum
An overview of natural resource management

The solutions for class 10 biology chapter 17 are designed to help students revise the chapter thoroughly and prepare well for their exams. They also help students develop their analytical and problem-solving skills. The solutions are based on the latest CBSE syllabus and follow the NCERT guidelines.

Students can access the solutions for class 10 biology chapter 17 by Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur for free from BYJU'S website[^1^]. They can also download the PDF version of the solutions for offline use.

In this section, we will look at some of the key points from each topic of the chapter.

Why do we need to manage our resources?
Natural resources are the gifts of nature that provide us with various goods and services essential for our survival and well-being. However, due to the increasing human population and consumption, many of these resources are being overexploited and degraded. This poses a threat to the environment and the future generations. Therefore, we need to manage our resources wisely and responsibly, by using them judiciously and avoiding wastage. We also need to adopt the principle of 3R's: reduce, reuse and recycle, to minimize the impact of our activities on the environment.

Forests and wildlife
Forests and wildlife are important natural resources that support a rich diversity of life forms. They provide us with various products such as timber, fuel, food, medicines, etc. They also perform various functions such as maintaining the water cycle, preventing soil erosion, regulating climate, purifying air, etc. However, due to deforestation, habitat loss, overgrazing, poaching, etc., many forest and wildlife species are endangered or extinct. This affects the ecological balance and reduces the resilience of the ecosystems. Therefore, we need to conserve and protect our forests and wildlife by implementing laws, creating protected areas, involving local communities, promoting afforestation, etc.

Water for all
Water is a vital natural resource that is essential for life. It is used for various purposes such as drinking, irrigation, industry, sanitation, etc. However, due to the uneven distribution of water resources, increasing demand, pollution, etc., many people face water scarcity and water-related diseases. Therefore, we need to conserve and manage our water resources by using them efficiently and equitably, harvesting rainwater, recharging groundwater, treating wastewater, preventing contamination, etc.

d8cbe59d7d