Orca Transformation

Anthony LaMark

Dec 10, 2009, 4:03:00 PM12/10/09
Hi All,

I am using Orca version 5.0.7069.0. I have an Orca Transformation saved to
a file. Is there a way to call Orca from the command-line and pass in
argument(s) to perform the transformation? I am trying to incorporate the
Orca Transformation into a build. Thanks in advance.

Adrian Accinelli

Dec 10, 2009, 7:13:22 PM12/10/09
"Anthony LaMark" <tony....@quest.com> wrote in message

No need to make Orca do more than it already does. There's a separate
transform utility called msitran.exe in the Windows 7 SDK (and older ones as
well).

E.g.
msitran -g original.msi changed.msi output.mst

Or use VBS script that you can find at MSDN here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa368614(VS.85).aspx

Sincerely,
Adrian Accinelli

Anthony LaMark

Dec 11, 2009, 12:34:05 PM12/11/09
Hi Adrian,

Looks like exactly what I need, thanks!!!! P.S. My google skills are
fading...I am really not sure how I missed this program :-(

"Adrian Accinelli" <hclnosp...@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message