basetsd.h is removed by the latest PSDK update (!???) what the @#$%^&?

Valery Pryamikov

Jun 6, 2003, 4:31:00 AM6/6/03
The most anoying thing with PSDK update is that it always
breaks working build environment. The latest PSDK update
removed basetsd.h from psdk\include, still including it
in WinNT.h. What the @#$%^?

-Valery.

Derek

Jun 9, 2003, 5:28:03 PM6/9/03
Valery,

basetsd.h should be installed as part of the coresdk. I think you can
reinstall the coresdk and this file will reappear.

I am assuming that you performed an upgrade of a previous version of SDK
update, the problem orginates because if a .msi\sdk installed the original
file, and then on upgrade the file has been moved to a different .msi\sdk ,
the file appears to disappear removed by one sdk and never installed by the
new one this is an effect of costing upgrade on files across .msi's. We
have made an effort not to move files between .msi (sdks) to prevent this
issue since we discovered this problem some time ago.

Just curious which version did you upgrade from?

Cheers,
Derek [MS-SDK]

-Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only

-This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.

-To provide additional feedback about your community experience please send
e-mail to: sdk...@microsoft.com
--------------------
|>>From: "Valery Pryamikov" <Valery.P...@nospam.sm.siemens.no>
|>>Sender: "Valery Pryamikov" <Valery.P...@nospam.sm.siemens.no>
|>>Subject: basetsd.h is removed by the latest PSDK update (!???) what the
@#$%^&?
|>>Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 01:31:00 -0700
|>>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.platformsdk.sdk_install

Valery Pryamikov

Jun 12, 2003, 6:17:11 AM6/12/03
Hi Derek,
You are right assuming that I upgraded previous version of
SDK update. I do that regularly on my development PC for
each new Platform SDK update that comes with MSDN
subscription. I don't remember exact version number of the
previous PSDK, but it was one distributed by MSDN in
january/february this year (targeted pre-release of W2K3
server).
I hope that next PSDK version will have corrected that
bug.

-Valery.

Derek

Jun 16, 2003, 3:02:28 PM6/16/03
Valery,

if you want the most current bits (headers and libs) you might want to
always install the PSDK from the sdkupdate site...

http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate

The current release on the site is for Windows Server 2003.

Cheers,
Derek [MS-SDK]

-Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only

-This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.

-To provide additional feedback about your community experience please send
e-mail to: sdk...@microsoft.com

|>>From: "Valery Pryamikov" <Valery....@sm.siemens.no>
|>>Sender: "Valery Pryamikov" <Valery....@sm.siemens.no>
|>>Subject: RE: basetsd.h is removed by the latest PSDK update (!???) what