Re:Older PSDK on 2005 x64

Cristian Amarie

Apr 18, 2008, 4:31:26 PM4/18/08
I had no other option than (you won't like it...):
- install an x86 OS (virtual machine will do it)
- install psdk on it in a location (say in the default one)
- copy the entire installation folder into a folder on your x64 machine, say
from C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDK from the x86 machine into
C:\PSDK-Feb2003 in the x64 machine
- configure Visual Studio 6 to have the include and lib to point to
C:\PSDK-Feb2003\Include and C:\PSDK-Feb2003\Lib
- now use Visual 6 with PSDK Feb 2003.

Cristian

url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/1658148.aspx

Henri Hein

Oct 30, 2009, 7:40:55 PM10/30/09
I had the same problem as Timothy and Christian.

I could not run the master setup.exe, but I was able to install the
individual .msi files. You probably want the CoreSDK-x86.msi and PSDK-x86.
msi ones; browse the others and select the ones you need.

This way you don't need an x86 OS, virtual or otherwise.

url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/1658148.aspx