signing large file

Gilles Noyer

Feb 1, 2010, 8:42:01 AM2/1/10
Dear All
By using signtool and by signing a large file ( 600 Mo) have the following
error :
"SignTool Error: ISignedCode::Sign returned error: 0x80092002
An error occurred during encode or decode operation."
I have extracted this tool from visual 2008 SDK.
This tool runs on Windows Server 2003 R2 with the hotfix KB9253
For us it is not acceptable to use Cat file, because we require using a
single file.

Is there a solution to sign such file?
Thanks your
Regards.

TopCat

Mar 2, 2010, 8:11:01 AM3/2/10
Have you been able to find a solution to this? I am running into the same
problem where I am getting the error when trying to sign an 800Mb msi file.
I have also tried signing on 2 different machines with different results. I
get

SignTool Error: ISignedCode::Sign returned error: 0x80092002
An error occurred during encode or decode operation.
from one machine and
SignTool Error: This file format cannot be signed because it is not
recognized.
from another one.

I have been able to build the msi with seperate cab files and had no problem
signing the cab files (even over 1GB).
I have also played around with setting the CompressionLevel on the Media and
when I set it to none the msi file was 1GB and I was able to sign it.