Where is Upgrade code in regedit?

tester

Dec 15, 2008, 6:33:02 AM12/15/08
I'm trying to detect Windows Live Messenger version through upgrade code. I
konw the upgrade code is "{A26D7C8B-875D-48E2-BED1-7168268D022A}"; But I
couldn't find it in regist. I'm sure it's in regist. Anyone could help me
find it?

doc

Dec 15, 2008, 1:30:38 PM12/15/08

I'm not sure if where this info can be found in the registry. I
imagine that Windows munges the GUID's something like those in the
Components hive.
HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Installer/UserData/
S-1-5-18/Components/

From what you're describing you might be better off using the
MsiEnumRelatedProducts function
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa370103(VS.85).aspx

Phil Wilson

Dec 15, 2008, 2:17:27 PM12/15/08
Either use MsiEnumRelatedProducts in your code as suggested, or if you are
in an MSI file just put the UpgradeCode in the Upgrade table with "only
detect" so that it sets a property if it finds one of the versions you're
looking for.
--
Phil Wilson
Definitive Guide to Windows Installer

"tester" <tes...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

alan

Dec 17, 2008, 6:44:42 PM12/17/08
Phil Wilson's suggestion is the way to go.

For the record, to convert a guid to the format used in the registry

e.g. for {D0F23C3F-CA74-460F-9ADB-49CBD57F9688}

1. Reverse first 8 characters F3C32F0D
2. Reverse next 4 characters 47AC
3. Reverse next 4 characters F064
4. Reverse next 2 characters A9
5. Reverse next 2 characters BD
6. Reverse next 2 characters 94
7. Reverse next 2 characters BC
8. Reverse next 2 characters 5D
9. Reverse next 2 characters F7
10. Reverse next 2 characters 69
11. Reverse next 2 characters 88

thus {D0F23C3F-CA74-460F-9ADB-49CBD57F9688}
becomes F3C32F0D47ACF064A9BD94BC5DF76988

Wes....@dynamiccaptioning.com

Mar 24, 2015, 12:52:51 AM3/24/15
Jumping in late, here, but Bless you, and Bless your children! You just saved me a ton of work.