Separate domain of the forest.

Zenkius

Aug 6, 2008, 5:43:44 PM8/6/08
Hello friends!

Excuse my English, I speak Spanish.

I have a problem with the current directory of my business. Our forest
is organized as follows:

There is a primary domain empresa.com of each branch is one level
below, for example sucursal1.empresa.com, sucursal2.empresa.com, etc..
All domain controllers run on Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition.

So far everything works well, the domains are established and
replicate the respective relations of trust between them. Now the
problem is that we want the domains of branches no longer depend on
the primary domain empresa.com and as far as I know that this would
have to reinstall again sucursalX.empresa.com servers, creating a new
domain and re-unite all PC to the new domain. The problem with this
method is that there are many workstations distributed in remote
locations and this would be very cumbersome.

My question is, there is a way of separating domains
sucursalX.empresa.com the forest so that it is transparent for
workstations?

We welcome any suggestion.

Greetings and good luck!