PIP 2001 SILVER EDITION/FLIPBOOK ANIMATIONS

E Laswell

Oct 1, 2001, 10:21:04 AM10/1/01
Recently, I discovered an interesting feature of PIP 2001 involving
Flipbook Animation. I haven't created a project using this yet, but
it sounds like something that I would like to work with concerning
photos.

Question: If I publish one of these projects to the Web and get a
website host (free is what I'm looking for), can this be "private"
instead of public so that I can invite family/friends to view it
instead of have the entire internet community seeing it?

If I were to just send a project (and usually, these have the .php or
.mix file format which I haven't been able to change, BTW to .jpg) as
an email attachment and attach it the old-fashioned way (because the
email program that I currently use isn't MAPI compliant and the
RunMe.exe file that PIP uses to actually send such a file/project
doesn't seem to get the file sent), do the recipients have to have a
program/software on their computers that can open/handle .php and .mix
files? Most people that I know do not have PIP, BTW, so I don't know
if it's a waste of my time to try to send one of these projects the
"old-fasioned way"--as an email attachment.

TIA :)

NIC Student

Oct 1, 2001, 11:10:43 AM10/1/01
If you are going to send such a thing to a web site, you are better off
actually creating a site and including an applet that can do these flip book
animations. You can get some good flipbook and other effects from
www.anfy.com I've used some of their effects, and they are great. I doubt
that a flip book animation would work on its own as a web page, although I
admit I've never tried it. Maybe someone else can tell us more.

Most free web hosts just offer the space, you'll have to design a page that
has security if you want to lock people out. Anyone can visit a normal free
web site if they know the address.

NIC

pianoguy

Oct 1, 2001, 8:16:51 PM10/1/01
E Laswell wrote:
> Question: If I publish one of these projects to the Web and get a
> website host (free is what I'm looking for), can this be "private"
> instead of public so that I can invite family/friends to view it
> instead of have the entire internet community seeing it?
The flip book animation creates a simple animated .gif, anyone should be able to view
them. These are good if you have a series of similar photos.

Have you looked at this site as a place to share your images:
http://photos.msn.com/

> do the recipients have to have a program/software on their
> computers that can open/handle .php and .mix files?

If you save your project as MHTML your recipients should be able to view them.

And...if you save the RunMe.exe files to your hard drive, then you can attach them to
your messages.

--

pianoguy
return email disabled

E Laswell

Oct 5, 2001, 8:30:47 AM10/5/01
"pianoguy" <oo...@doobie.xyz> wrote in message news:<OgraOetSBHA.1972@tkmsftngp05>...

Pianoguy and NIC Student:

Thanks for the pointers! :-)

I presently use webshots for an online photo album.

I am working on creating my own website/webpage but don't know if I
can use the flipbook animation with the fortunecity webhost. I am
just getting started w/the website in general. As I'm typing this, I
am downloading software to use to create the site. For future
reference, if I don't post a response immediately to a question that I
initiated, it means that I got busy and didn't check this
newsgroup...OOPSIE!! :-)

Thanks, again, for replying! Have a good one!!

E Laswell

Oct 18, 2001, 10:43:30 PM10/18/01
elas...@hotmail.com (E Laswell) wrote in message news:<990520be.01100...@posting.google.com>...

It's me again, with some info.:

I recently bought a book re: creating one's own webpage, and the
author of the book has the scoop on how to password protect "my" site
by using JavaScript. Once I've finished his book, then I will start
assembling the items to put on my site. I checked out the link re:
flipbook animations/bookmarked it. Thanks again! :-)

zmc...@gmail.com

Sep 3, 2012, 4:56:58 AM9/3/12
You can set a password to prevent others to see your flipbook, but your friends can enjoy it with the password.
http://www.kvisoft.com/flipbook-maker-pro/