RE: Microsoft Picture It! compatibility with Vista

KatB

Mar 20, 2008, 7:25:00 PM3/20/08
I also had the same problem, I contacted Microsoft and Vista DOES NOTsupport
this
version of Picture It Platinum. They gave me someother links to follow and I
have not
finished following all of them. Its seems a new version will have to be
purchased. Anyway that is the reply I received from Microsoft. There is no
patch or fix for the current version so far. I will try to find out more and
post it asap. Hope this helps

"JacknDo" wrote:

> I am experencing the very same problem with Picture It except I have moved
> from windows XP.
> The software loaded OK but as soon as I attempt using the program it shuts
> down.
> I hope someone has a solution???
>
> "AldoM" wrote:
>
> > I have moved from a Windows 98 SE system to Vista Home Premium. I expected
> > that most of my old software would not work in Vista but I thought
> > Microsoft's own Picture It! program (2001 version) would since I have the
> > original setup disks. It seems to install OK but stops working when I go to
> > use it. What am I doing wrong? Won't Picture It! work on Vista? I hate to
> > lose such a formidable graphics program. HELP!
> > --
> > AldoM

John Inzer

Mar 20, 2008, 8:46:03 PM3/20/08
KatB wrote:
> I also had the same problem, I contacted Microsoft and Vista DOES
> NOTsupport this
> version of Picture It Platinum. They gave me someother links to
> follow and I have not
> finished following all of them. Its seems a new version will have to
> be purchased. Anyway that is the reply I received from Microsoft.
> There is no patch or fix for the current version so far. I will try
> to find out more and post it asap. Hope this helps
===================================
Correct...we have been discussing for some
time that the 2001 and 2002 versions of Picture
It! will not run correctly on Vista.

Actually...the only versions of MS Picture It! / MS
Digital Image that are currently fully compatible
with Vista are:

"Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006" with the
Vista compatibility patch.

And...

"Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006 Anniversary Edition"
which does not require the patch.

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Manning

Mar 22, 2008, 9:48:00 PM3/22/08
HELP ... Please, Help

I have a NEW compture with VISTA and I would like to use
PICTUTE IT PREMIUM 10 on this computer, does anybody KNOWS
of any Patch for Premium 10 to run on my computer with Vista
Please, reply to ... abc...@hotmail.com .. thank you ..!!

John Inzer

Mar 22, 2008, 11:04:56 PM3/22/08
Manning wrote:
> HELP ... Please, Help
>
> I have a NEW compture with VISTA and I would like to use
> PICTUTE IT PREMIUM 10 on this computer, does anybody KNOWS
> of any Patch for Premium 10 to run on my computer with Vista
> Please, reply to ... abc...@hotmail.com .. thank you ..!!
===================================
There is no Vista patch for Picture It! 10.

Maybe some of the info at the following
links will be useful:

(931362) Advanced methods to troubleshoot
a program that does not run as expected after
it is installed on Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931362/en-us

(931361) How to troubleshoot issues that may
prevent a program from being installed correctly
on a Windows Vista-based computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931361/en-us

Unknown

Apr 12, 2008, 10:09:00 PM4/12/08

pekida

Apr 15, 2008, 7:22:00 PM4/15/08
How did you get picture it to work?

Funpaul

May 2, 2008, 4:46:02 PM5/2/08
i got my Picture it publishing to work BUT not when opening it from the ~~~
start program part , i clicked open the photo with picture it in the open
program default part and it seems to work 100% EVEN THE WRINKLE part the only
strange part is that the help parts don't seem to play the video clips but i
think that's cuz i am using a new media player tooo
so keep using the wonderful and free picture it publishing 2001
loaded fine with no special tweaking on Vista home premium
any one know why Vista seems to slow down so much after loading the update
packs it was so super fast till i installed the service pack !!!

John Inzer

May 2, 2008, 8:37:42 PM5/2/08
Funpaul wrote:
> i got my Picture it publishing to work BUT not when opening it from
> the ~~~ start program part , i clicked open the photo with picture
> it in the open program default part and it seems to work 100% EVEN
> THE WRINKLE part the only strange part is that the help parts don't
> seem to play the video clips but i think that's cuz i am using a new
> media player tooo
> so keep using the wonderful and free picture it publishing 2001
> loaded fine with no special tweaking on Vista home premium
> any one know why Vista seems to slow down so much after loading the
> update packs it was so super fast till i installed the service pack
> !!!
==============================
Good luck with PI2001....I think you will
find issues with it as time goes on.....

Here's some info on Vista SP1:

Slowing Down Vista With SP1
http://blogs.computerworld.com/vista_sp1_slow

ginga

Apr 8, 2010, 4:49:01 PM4/8/10

tiggersmom

Apr 20, 2010, 1:21:01 AM4/20/10
Go to Programs, then Accessories, then click on Program Compatability Wizard.
It will take you through the steps to make Picture it work. I use Picture It
2002 with both XP and Vista, and it works fine.

tiggersmom

Apr 20, 2010, 1:21:01 AM4/20/10