Windows 7 with PI?

Pixels Peter

Dec 29, 2009, 2:31:49 AM12/29/09
Hello,
I have DIP 9, PI 2000 and DIS (the last one). Will all these work with
Windows 7? Thanks.

Peter

John Inzer

Dec 29, 2009, 9:20:50 AM12/29/09
=====================================
I think you are safe with DIS 2006...not sure about
DIP9 and PI2000. If you try them please let us know
if they work correctly.

If you happen to be running Windows 7 Professional,
Ultimate or Enterprise you can install WIndows XP
mode which can run old versions of software.

Windows XP Mode and Windows Virtual PC Home
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/

Windows 7 - Windows Virtual PC / Download Windows XP Mode
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Rick Sparks

Dec 29, 2009, 9:56:01 AM12/29/09
I read that DIS Anniversary Edition worked with Vista and that was the only
one.
I'm guessing it would also work with Win7.

"Pixels Peter" wrote:

> .

John Inzer

Dec 29, 2009, 1:30:00 PM12/29/09
Rick Sparks wrote:
> I read that DIS Anniversary Edition worked with Vista and that was
> the only one.
> I'm guessing it would also work with Win7.

FWIW...all versions of Digital Image 2006 will run on Vista.

The Anniversary Edition is optimized for Vista but there is
a Compatibility patch for the other versions

MS Digital Image 2006
*Vista Compatibility* Update
http://tinyurl.com/w5u58
or...
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ef930fe7-8dfd-4a5c-9bef-084cfa691104&DisplayLang=en
(Not required for the Anniversary Edition)