picture it 2002

pamela

Feb 28, 2010, 1:25:01 PM2/28/10
i have recently reinstalled picture it 2002 on my new computer but the main
screen is not complete. it only has file, help and back in the upper left.
then pick a design , open & edit, get creative ideas and register online
alittle further right. and then picture it all the way on the right. any
suggestions?

John Inzer

Feb 28, 2010, 1:50:15 PM2/28/10
====================================
Reinstalled? Does this mean PI2002 previously
ran correctly on this computer?

If yes...why did PI2002 require reinstalling?

What version of Windows is on your new computer?

Do the helpful movies play?

Can you open photos and edit them?

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

FrankV

Mar 7, 2010, 5:08:01 PM3/7/10
Picture it 2002 for windows 7. Has anyone had any luck, I can install it but
it keeps popping up a message: Picture It has stopped working.
I like the program and am hoping someone will have a "fix" or a "patch" to
make it work.
--
Infowanted

"John Inzer" wrote:

> .

John Inzer

Mar 7, 2010, 5:46:38 PM3/7/10
FrankV wrote:
> Picture it 2002 for windows 7. Has anyone had any luck, I can install
> it but it keeps popping up a message: Picture It has stopped working.
> I like the program and am hoping someone will have a "fix" or a
> "patch" to make it work.
You could try running PI2002 in Compatibility mode but
it's doubtful that it will run correctly.

Windows 7 - Compatibility Mode
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/316-compatibility-mode.html

Also...there is an older patch for PI2002 but I don't know
if it will work on Win 7.

Picture It! Publishing 2002:
Patch for 19299 (PI19299.exe)
http://tinyurl.com/dfeq28
or...
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=0fb68178-d6bd-41bd-9f00-f44ac7ca9e28

If you happen to be running Windows 7 Professional,
Ultimate or Enterprise the following info might be useful:

Install and use Windows XP Mode in Windows 7
http://tinyurl.com/yapvreg
or.....
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/install-and-use-windows-xp-mode-in-windows-7