Flipbook animation - DIS 2006

markiemark

Aug 8, 2005, 2:16:03 PM8/8/05
I can't create a flipbook with any size other than the smallest (98 x 50 or
something like that). Any larger sizes say "creating animation, this may take
a few minutes". Then it must be trying to create a web view of the animated
gif, but it say "the page cannot be displayed, the page you are looking for
is currently unavailable". If you try to save as, it says "cannot save this
project, you may be low on memory". I have 1gb ram, and 60gb free disk space.
Does anyone else have this problem.
Mark

John Inzer

Aug 8, 2005, 2:44:34 PM8/8/05
60 GB of free space sounds like a lot
but personally, I like to keep my hard drive
at least 50% free.

If the files you are using for the FlipBook
are large files (several MBs each) try
resizing them. The maximum size you
can enter for a flipbook is 768 so you
may as well resize them first.

Try doing some maintenance and see if
there is an improvement.

Running Disk Cleanup, Error Checking and
Defrag on a regular schedule is a good idea.

(310312) Description of the Disk Cleanup
Tool in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310312

(315265) How to Perform Disk Error Checking
in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315265
(check the two boxes..."Automatically fix file
system errors" and "Scan for and attempt
recovery of bad sectors") the utility will run
the next time you restart your computer.
(run error checking repeatedly until it finds
no errors)

(314848) How to Defragment Your Disk
Drive Volumes in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314848

Before opening DIS2006...close all programs...
especially virus scanners.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! MVP

"markiemark" <marki...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

markiemark

Aug 8, 2005, 7:14:01 PM8/8/05
John,
Ok, i'm resizing the pictures now in a batch file. They are all under 1/2meg
each. There are 88 jpegs, 8.4 mb total. We'll see how that works. You would
think the program would just warn you or tell you if there were limitations
on the use of the flipbook feature.
Mark

markiemark

Aug 8, 2005, 7:26:01 PM8/8/05
John,
Ok, the resizing didn't work. I selected 6 pictures only to be converted to
a flipbook at the mid-size setting (384 x 200) something around there. Same
results.
Can anyone see if this feature works for them?
Thanks,
Mark

John Inzer

Aug 8, 2005, 7:28:50 PM8/8/05
An animated .gif with 88 images? Seems excessive
to me but if you free up enough resources you may be
able to do it.

If your purpose in doing that is to create a slide show,
I would suggest trying Photo Story or Windows Movie
Maker.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! MVP
How to ask a newsgroup question:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"markiemark" <marki...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

John Inzer

Aug 8, 2005, 7:47:49 PM8/8/05
It's a resource issue, the feature works
fine if you have enough resources.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! MVP
How to ask a newsgroup question:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"markiemark" <marki...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

markala...@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2005, 12:37:06 AM8/9/05
John,
Is there someway to change the default temp directory or other
parameters like in the older versions (maybe I'm thinking of IC or
photodraw). It just occured to me that i was working off of my
documents that is mapped to the server, maybe that's got something to
do with it. And you're right, now that you mention it, an animated GIF
is probably not the way to go. When I clicked on the menu item, I
thought maybe it was going to create an exe (of course not) or maybe an
htlm type flipbook.
Anyway, maybe if I move the jpeg's off the network drive, DI will put
the temp files in the same directory instead of defaulting to the
networked my pictures directory(?).
Mark

John Inzer

Aug 9, 2005, 1:01:35 AM8/9/05
Sorry, but all I can say is experiment.

Open the Library and try using Photo Story...
maybve you'll have better luck.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! MVP
How to ask a newsgroup question:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

<markala...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Mary

Aug 9, 2005, 1:41:16 PM8/9/05
Hi Mark,
I may not be able to help, I don't have the new version, but I have many
versions installed and I use DI10 and I do titles for my site and they are
600x200 pixel, and I have animated them fine with my versions. Have you
tried using some much smaller sized pictures, just to see if it does work?
88 would be quite a lot of work for the program, but I have used that many
in a sig tag before and it worked fine, but I don't know if they have
changed the animation in the new version compared to the older ones.

Good Luck,
Mary

MarkieMark

Aug 10, 2005, 11:09:40 AM8/10/05
Mary,
I'll give it a try. I did discover that I the pictures I was working on
were located on my harddrive not the network. Again, I think I may have
misunderstood the intention of the flipbook. I thought it was do do
something like a self-contained picture album, like Flipbook. I think
photostory is better suited for a virtual photo album, I'm not sure
what the fllipbook is good for other than animated gifs (such as your
site titles).
I'll keep you updated.
Mark

Mary

Aug 10, 2005, 12:40:25 PM8/10/05
Ohhh,
I don't think that this flipbook could handle that, but I don't know, I use
it to animate things, like making dogs blink or glitter move or sig tags
move some how. But MS does adverties the software as a photo program, so I
would think it could do what you want, just that the size may slow the
program way down. At least you found Photostory!

Good Luck :-)
Mary

"MarkieMark" <markala...@gmail.com> wrote in message

katesu...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2012, 2:02:05 AM7/10/12
在 2005年8月9日星期二UTC+8上午2时16分03秒,markiemark写道:
> I can&#39;t create a flipbook with any size other than the smallest (98 x 50 or
> something like that). Any larger sizes say &quot;creating animation, this may take
> a few minutes&quot;. Then it must be trying to create a web view of the animated
> gif, but it say &quot;the page cannot be displayed, the page you are looking for
> is currently unavailable&quot;. If you try to save as, it says &quot;cannot save this
> project, you may be low on memory&quot;. I have 1gb ram, and 60gb free disk space.
> Does anyone else have this problem.
> Mark

I never come across this kind of problem. What tool you are using for creating flipbook animation?
Personally, I make flipbook animation via: http://bit.ly/ymDrhl

anke...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2012, 10:22:00 PM11/13/12
You can use this flip book software to create flipbook.
http://www.kvisoft.com/flipbook-maker/