I can not make a program work

steelwool

Nov 8, 2009, 1:31:01 AM11/8/09
I want ONLY Microsoft Picture It v 2002 on my computer. It works on XP but
not on Vista. The new Picture It programs auto correct pictures and the 2002
let me correct my pictures. I want this to work very badly.
It is loaded but then I try to open it says Active X stopped it or there is
a block in the program. Does anyone know how to make this work?

HP says it will nto work but I believe there are people out there that know
how to make something work. Please assist me if you can tell me how to do it.
Thank you

Engineer@pnb.retired_1987 Don Schmidt

Nov 8, 2009, 6:39:36 AM11/8/09
I have a program or two that won't run in XP unless I do a "Compatibility"
selection; the same may work for you in Vista.

Select the Picture It program icon, right click, Properties, Compatibility
tab, then select "Compatibility mode" and then Windows XP.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"steelwool" <stee...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

John Inzer

Nov 8, 2009, 8:42:31 AM11/8/09
Sorry but this is long.....(two possible fixes below)

There is some good news...if you ever decide to
upgrade to Windows 7...there is an option to run
Windows XP Mode which will run Picture It!.

Windows 7 - Windows Virtual PC / Download Windows XP Mode
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

FWIW...the latest and last version of MS Digital
Image (the replacement for Picture It!) was optimized
for Vista. You can still try the 60 day trial version.

Microsoft Digital Image
Starter Edition 2006
http://tinyurl.com/28loxr
or...
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7C3B3DED-A15F-48C5-B724-7796FE8C151E&displaylang=en
(this product line has been
discontinued but you can still
download the Starter Version
and run it for 60 days)

Here are two possible fixes...if you try them...
please let us know if they work for you with PI2002.

===
(1)
I have Vista Business and have Picture It 2002
working by setting compatibility to Windows
Server 2003 Service Pack 1. (Tried it set to XP
SP2 and would open pics but not save edits)

===

(2)
I know I'm probably bumping up an ancient post, but I actually found the
solution to this dilemma.
I know how great a program that Picture It! is, and I worked at this
for hours before I finally got it to work. Here's what I did:
1. Explored the CD after it was in the drive, right clicked on "Setup",
and selected "Run as Administrator"
2. I selected the "minimum" installation, I haven't confirmed whether
it would work with the typical one yet, but it has all the same
features.
3. After installing, I right-clicked the program, and set the
compatibility back to "Windows 95", Disabled visual themes, and disabled
desktop composition, and selected "Run as administrator".

The program worked perfectly for me after this. Hope this helps the
other people who I know are struggling with this same problem :D
--
MetalLace

===

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Rick Sparks

Nov 8, 2009, 9:18:01 AM11/8/09
I believe that the MS Digital Image Suite 2006 Anniversary Edition is the
only one that will work on Vista.

I know that this program will allow you to either auto correct pictures, or,
lets you correct them yourself without autocorrect.

It's still available on Amazon.

kimlizzy

Nov 10, 2009, 10:46:15 PM11/10/09
It does auto-correct BUT all the manual controls are there too.

Kim

Beanman_2004

Feb 1, 2010, 9:16:01 PM2/1/10

"John Inzer" wrote:

Yes, running the setup as Administrator. and also starting the program as
administrator appears to work fine. I have version 2 Picture it, on a Windows
7.