Picture It 2002

OGD15

Nov 22, 2009, 11:23:01 PM11/22/09
I just installed Microsoft Picture it! Photo 2002 on my new lap top. It will
open, but shuts down with I try to open photo or projects. Any Suggestions?

John Inzer

Nov 23, 2009, 2:02:48 AM11/23/09
=================================
I'll just have to guess your version of Windows?
(Scroll down for XP, Vista, Win 7)

---

If you are running **WIndows XP**....try
downloading and installing the following patch.

Picture It! Publishing 2002:
Patch for 19299 (PI19299.exe)
http://tinyurl.com/dfeq28
or.....
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=0fb68178-d6bd-41bd-9f00-f44ac7ca9e28

---

If you are running **Vista**...PI 2002 is not Compatible
but you may be able to run it if you read the
following info:

Here are two possible fixes...if you try them...
please let us know if they work for you with PI2002.

===

(1)
I have Vista Business and have Picture It 2002
working by setting compatibility to Windows
Server 2003 Service Pack 1. (Tried it set to XP
SP2 and would open pics but not save edits)

===

(2)
I know I'm probably bumping up an ancient post, but I actually found the
solution to this dilemma.
I know how great a program that Picture It! is, and I worked at this
for hours before I finally got it to work. Here's what I did:
1. Explored the CD after it was in the drive, right clicked on "Setup",
and selected "Run as Administrator"
2. I selected the "minimum" installation, I haven't confirmed whether
it would work with the typical one yet, but it has all the same
features.
3. After installing, I right-clicked the program, and set the
compatibility back to "Windows 95", Disabled visual themes, and disabled
desktop composition, and selected "Run as administrator".

The program worked perfectly for me after this. Hope this helps the
other people who I know are struggling with this same problem :D
--
MetalLace

---

If you are running **Windows 7**....there is an option to run
Windows XP Mode which will run Picture It!.

Windows 7 - Windows Virtual PC / Download Windows XP Mode
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience