picture it 2000

Janine

Oct 31, 2008, 6:15:02 AM10/31/08
i have been using PI2000 for a few years for my business and have 1000's of
files creatred using it that I need to change on a regular basis.
I just today got a new computer and the guy has put PI2003 on it - but I
cannot work it out and it does not do what my older version did. I also
cannot open the files in it and work on them like i could.
I was hoping to reinstall my PI2000 but keep getting the following errors:
when it is installing we get to "status: verifying disk space for Internet
Explorer 5.0"
it them stops and says "Microsoft Picture It! 2000 Installer Information.
Setup could not retrieve the Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 results"

This new system is running IE 7 I think.
I am terrified of removing the PI2003 and then ending up with nothing.
Should I leave it on there and go back to IE 5.0 and reinstall PI2000 or
will removing the PI2003 fix the issue - it is really of no use to me - I
need to work TODAY and this program is going to take me ages to work out.
Please help me - I am desperate
Janine

Janine

Oct 31, 2008, 6:18:07 AM10/31/08
my apologies - the new program is called Microsoft Picture It Photo Premium 7.0

Janine

Oct 31, 2008, 8:29:01 AM10/31/08
UPDATE: I have deleted the 7.0 version and I still cannot install my PI2000
I am getting the same error message - have tried to find and download IE 5
but cannot find it anywhere :-(

John Inzer

Oct 31, 2008, 8:38:51 AM10/31/08
=====================================
Are you running XP or Vista?

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Janine

Oct 31, 2008, 3:07:01 PM10/31/08
xp...
my belarc report is attached if that helps :-)

Operating System System Model
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600) Gigabyte Technology
Co., Ltd. M61PME-S2
Enclosure Type: Desktop
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
2.60 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
M61PME-S2
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. F2 03/07/2008
Drives Memory Modules c,d
320.07 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
294.13 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-115D [CD-ROM drive]
PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-215 [CD-ROM drive]

EPSON Stylus Storage USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 1
ST3320620AS [Hard drive] (320.07 GB) -- drive 0, s/n 5QF5GMP4, rev 3.AAE,
SMART Status: Healthy 1984 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'A0' has 2048 MB
Slot 'A1' is Empty
Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0) 320.07 GB 294.13 GB free

Network Drives
None detected
Users (mouse over user name for details) Printers
local user accounts last logon
Janine 31/10/2008 8:55:32 PM (admin)
local system accounts
Administrator never (admin)
Guest never
HelpAssistant never
SUPPORT_388945a0 never

Marks a disabled account; Marks a locked account EPSON Stylus Photo
R390 Series on USB001
Microsoft Office Document Image Writer Driver on Microsoft Document Imaging
Writer Port:

Controllers Display
NVIDIA MCP61 Serial ATA Controller
Primary IDE Channel [Controller]
Secondary IDE Channel [Controller]
Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE [Display
adapter]
Samsung SyncMaster [Monitor] (19.1"vis, s/n HMFQ518270, May 2008)
Bus Adapters Multimedia
Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller Realtek High Definition Audio
Communications Other Devices

ADMtek AN983 10/100 PCI Adapter

Networking Dns Server:
Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
PS/2 Compatible Mouse
NVIDIA Network Bus Enumerator
Generic USB Hub
USB Composite Device
USB Mass Storage Device
USB Printing Support
USB Root Hub (2x)
Virus Protection [Back to Top]
AVG Anti-Virus Free Version 8.0
Realtime File Scanning On

Missing Microsoft Security Hotfixes [Back to Top]
These required security hotfixes (using the 10/23/2008 Microsoft
Security Bulletin Summary) were not found installed. Note: CIS benchmarks
require that Critical and Important severity security hotfixes must be
installed.
Q951748 - Important (details...)

Installed Microsoft Hotfixes [Back to Top]
MSXML4SP2
KB936181 on 31/10/2008 (details...)
WGA
SP0
KB892130 on 30/10/2008 (details...)
Windows Media Format 11 SDK
KB929399 (details...)
SP0
KB929399 on 30/10/2008 (details...)
Windows Media Player 11
KB936782_WMP11 (details...)
KB939683 (details...)
KB954154_WM11 (details...)
SP0
KB939683 on 30/10/2008 (details...)
KB954154_WM11 on 30/10/2008 (details...)
SP2
KB936782_WMP11 on 30/10/2008 (details...)
Windows XP
KB941569 (details...)
SP0
KB938127-V2-IE7 on 30/10/2008 (details...)
KB941569 on 30/10/2008 (details...)
KB953838-IE7 on 30/10/2008 (details...)
KB956390-IE7 on 30/10/2008 (details...)
Windows XP (continued)
SP10
MSCOMPPACKV1 on 30/10/2008 (Microsoft Compression Client Pack 1.0
for Windows XP)
SP3
KB898461 on 30/10/2008 (details...)
SP4
KB938464 on 30/10/2008 (details...)
KB946648 on 30/10/2008 (details...)
KB950762 on 30/10/2008 (details...)
KB950974 on 30/10/2008 (details...)
KB951066 on 30/10/2008 (details...)
KB951072-V2 on 30/10/2008 (details...)
KB951376-V2 on 30/10/2008 (details...)
KB951698 on 30/10/2008 (details...)
KB951978 on 30/10/2008 (details...)
KB952287 on 30/10/2008 (details...)
KB952954 on 30/10/2008 (details...)
KB954211 on 30/10/2008 (details...)
KB956391 on 30/10/2008 (details...)
KB956803 on 30/10/2008 (details...)
KB956841 on 30/10/2008 (details...)
KB957095 on 30/10/2008 (details...)
KB958644 on 30/10/2008 (details...)
Windows
SP1
IDNMITIGATIONAPIS on 30/10/2008 (Microsoft Internationalized
Domain Names Mitigation APIs)
NLSDOWNLEVELMAPPING on 30/10/2008 (Microsoft National Language
Support Downlevel APIs)

Click here to see all available Microsoft security hotfixes for this
computer.

Marks a security hotfix (using the 10/23/2008 Microsoft Security
Bulletin Summary)
Marks a security hotFix that fails verification (a security
vulnerability)
Marks a hotfix that verifies correctly
Marks a hotfix that fails verification (note that failing hotfixes need to
be reinstalled)
Unmarked hotfixes lack the data to allow verification

Click here for Belarc's System Management products, for large and small
companies.

Software Licenses [Back to Top]

Belarc - Advisor 901d5788
Microsoft - Internet Explorer 92318-600-0043106-69618
Microsoft - Office Professional Edition 2003
Microsoft - Picture It! Photo Premium 7.0
Microsoft - WebFldrs XP 12345-
Microsoft - Windows XP Home Edition
Software Versions (mouse over * for details, click * for location) [Back to
Top]
Adobe Acrobat Version 9.0.0.2008061200 *
Adobe AIR 1.0.1 Version 1.0.1 *
Adobe Reader Version 9.0.0.2008061200 *
AVG Internet Security Version 8.0.0.174 *
Belarc, Inc. - Advisor Version 7.2x *
Cinematronics - 3D Pinball Version 5.1.2600.5512 *
CyberLink Corp. - CLDMA Version 1, 0, 0, 5417 *
CyberLink Corp. - PowerDVD Version 7.00.2602 *
DVD Shrink Version 3.2.0.15 *
eBay Toolbar Daemon eBay Toolbar (Build: 2.5000.11.3) *
Elaborate Bytes AG - CloneDVD Version 2, 5, 3, 1 *
Elaborate Bytes AG - CloneDVD Version 5, 1, 0, 0 *
Elaborate Bytes AG - elby CloneDVD Version 2, 9, 1, 8 *
EPSON Print CD Version 1.50 *
Inspire Graphics - Creative Delights Companion Version 10.0.0.0 *
Language Application Version 1.00.2405 *
Lavasoft - Ad-Aware Service Version 7,1,0,3 *
Lavasoft AB - Ad-Aware Version 7.1.0.8 *
Lavasoft AB - Update Manager Version 1.0.0.0 *
Lavasoft ThreatWork Version 7.1 *
LimeWire Version 1, 0, 0, 2 *
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.7.0.18066 *
Microsoft Application Error Reporting Version 11.0.8160 *
Microsoft Clip Organizer Version 11.0.5510 *
Microsoft Corporation - Internet Explorer Version 7.00.6000.16735 *
Microsoft Corporation - Office Source Engine Version 11.0.5525 *
Microsoft Corporation - SyncToy Version 2.0.100.0 *
Microsoft Corporation - Windows Installer - Unicode Version 3.1.4001.5512 *
Microsoft Corporation - Windows Movie Maker Version 2.1.4026.0 *
Microsoft Corporation - Windows® NetMeeting® Version 3.01 *
Microsoft Corporation - Zone.com Version 1.2.626.1 *
Microsoft Data Access Components Version 3.525.1132.0 *
Microsoft Office 2003 Version 11.0.5614 *
Microsoft Office Document Imaging Version 11.0.1897.0 *
Microsoft Office InfoPath Version 11.0.5510 *
Microsoft Office Picture Manager Version 11.0.5510 *
Microsoft Office Save My Settings/Profile Wizard Version 11.0.5510 *
Microsoft Picture It! 7.0 Version 7.00.0709.0 *
Microsoft® .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727.1433 *
Microsoft® Corporation - Update Detection Module Version 7.00.0709.0 *
Nero AG - Cover Designer Version 2, 10, 1, 1 *
Nero AG NeroCheck Version 1, 0, 0, 6 *
Nero BackItUp Version 2, 10, 3, 2 *
Nero Burning ROM Version 7, 10, 1, 0 *
Nero BurnRights Version 2.1.0.10 *
Nero CD - DVD Speed Version 4, 7, 7, 0 *
Nero DriveSpeed Version 3, 0, 11, 1 *
Nero Home Version 2,0,16,0 *
Nero ImageDrive Version 3.0.0.12 *
Nero InfoTool Version 4, 4, 2, 0 *
Nero Installer Version 1, 6, 47, 0 *
Nero MediaHome Version 2,5,16,0 *
Nero Mobile Version 1.4.0.9 *
Nero PhotoSnap image editor Version 1, 2, 0, 25 *
Nero Photosnap Viewer Version 1, 2, 0, 25 *
Nero Recode 2 Version 2, 5, 5, 0 *
Nero ShowTime Version 3, 10, 1, 0 *
Nero SoundTrax Version 2, 10, 1, 0 *
Nero StartSmart Version 3, 10, 1, 0 *
Nero Vision Version 4,9,7,2 *
Nero WaveEditor Version 3, 10, 1, 0 *
NVIDIA Driver Helper Service, Version 91.63 Version 6.14.10.9163 *
OLReg Application Version 4.00.1113 *
piolch Module Version 1, 0, 0, 1 *
Regvac *
RichVideo Module Version 1.1.0808 *
SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - EPSON Status Monitor 3 Version 4.00 *
SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - SETUP APPLICATION Version 6.00 *
SlySoft, Inc. - AnyDVD Version 6, 0, 1, 0 *
SlySoft, Inc. - AnyDVD Version 6.2.0.2 *
Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U7 Version 6.0.70.6 *
Tamer Zorba - WinRAR archiver Version 4.65.0.0 *
Wicked & Wild Inc. - UnderCoverXP Version 1, 18, 0, 0 *

John Inzer

Oct 31, 2008, 6:22:08 PM10/31/08
Janine wrote:
> xp...
> my belarc report is attached if that helps :-)
>snip<
===================================
Thanks for the info.

First...PI2000 will run independently from PI7...
uninstalling it was not necessary. I'm guessing
you do not have the disks for PI7...so you might
try doing a system restore to a time before you
tried to install PI2000 and you might get PI7 back.

PI7 is compatible with all your old .mix files and
when you resave them they will be in the .png-plus
format. The interface is different to PI2000 but
when you get used to PI7...you might like it.

Sorry...but all I can do is offer some ideas. I can
tell you that you do not need to install IE5.

It's possible that IE7 is a problem...if you previously
had IE6 and IE7 was installed later...it may be
worth a try to uninstall IE7.

(927177) How to uninstall Internet Explorer 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177/en-us

Next question...was your copy of PI2000 a
stand alone program or was it included in
Works Suite? If it was included in Works Suite...
read the following article:

(301971) PIE2000: Cannot Install Picture It!
Express 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=301971

psmith1951

Nov 27, 2008, 12:00:00 AM11/27/08
Did you ever get your PI2000 installed? I am also having problems. Got a
new computer with XP Pro on it and it stops just like yours did. I have it
on my old computer that has XP on it.

DOen anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thanks,
Peggy

John Inzer

Nov 27, 2008, 1:16:36 AM11/27/08
psmith1951 wrote:
> Did you ever get your PI2000 installed? I am also having problems.
> Got a new computer with XP Pro on it and it stops just like yours
> did. I have it on my old computer that has XP on it.
>
> DOen anyone have a solution to this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Peggy
=================================
What are your exact errors? The more details
you post...the better your chance is to find a
solution.

Is your version of PI2000 a stand alone retail
version or was it included with Works Suite?

psmith1951

Nov 27, 2008, 7:23:01 PM11/27/08
John,

Mine is a stand alone retail version of PI 2000. The error that I get while
trying to install PI is "Setup was unable to install all the components.
Please close all applications and try running setup again". This happens
when the install gets to the point of verifying disk space for internet
explorer 5.0. I have IE 7 on here. Also, there are no other programs
running while trying to install.

Peggy

John Inzer

Nov 27, 2008, 10:33:38 PM11/27/08
psmith1951 wrote:
> John,
>
> Mine is a stand alone retail version of PI 2000. The error that I
> get while trying to install PI is "Setup was unable to install all
> the components. Please close all applications and try running setup
> again". This happens when the install gets to the point of verifying
> disk space for internet explorer 5.0. I have IE 7 on here. Also,
> there are no other programs running while trying to install.
>
> Peggy
===========================
PI2000 should run on WIndows XP Pro with IE6.
It may be worth a try to uninstall IE7.

(927177) How to uninstall Internet Explorer 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177/en-us

Also...before trying to install...disconnect
from the net and close all programs...especially
virus scanners. If you have an HP OfficeJet...
turn it off.

Now...try to install PI2000.

Tony

Jan 5, 2009, 5:35:01 AM1/5/09

I really feel for your dilemma!
Here's how I got it finally working....
Re-Install Windows, then install Picture It 2000 before any other programs
or Windows Updates .
Hope it works for you ?

Van

Feb 4, 2009, 8:04:02 PM2/4/09
Hi Janine,

I don't know if you have solved your Picture It! 2000 installation problem.
Sorry, I just saw your posting. Anyways, I have been using MS Picture It!
2000 since 2000 hehehe. Through the years I have updated and upgraded my
system. I have figured out the problem why you can't install the software.
I know it asks for IE5 which is no one nowaday uses. To solve this
installation problem for MS Picture It! 2000. First make sure you have
Internet Explorer 6. If you have IE 7 or 8 uninstall it and restart your
computer. Try reinstall and you should not have any problem. I did a clean
install on my system and forgot to first install MS PI2000. I excitedly
update my IE6 with IE8. Wheh I tried installing MS PI2000 it kept asking for
IE5. I unstalled my IE8, restarted, my system, and reinstall MS PI2000 and
it works...horay!!! Alrighty good luck!!!

Van.

Lisa

Jan 10, 2010, 1:16:01 PM1/10/10
Does anyone have any other ideas? I have XP w/ SP3, picture it 2000 (stand
alone) and have tried all suggestions here.... uninstalled PI, retinstalled
with everything off including disconnecting internet. I am running IE 6.0.
Install starts, then gives error "set up could not retrieve microsoft IE 5.0
results", and tells me to try again.

I really like PI, so easy to use, and have used for many years. So many of
the other programs out there have a lot more capability than I want for basic
photo editing and sharing.

Appreciate if anyone has any thoughts!

lisa

John Inzer

Jan 10, 2010, 5:58:49 PM1/10/10
Lisa wrote:
> Does anyone have any other ideas? I have XP w/ SP3, picture it 2000
> (stand alone) and have tried all suggestions here.... uninstalled PI,
> retinstalled with everything off including disconnecting internet. I
> am running IE 6.0. Install starts, then gives error "set up could not
> retrieve microsoft IE 5.0 results", and tells me to try again.
>
> I really like PI, so easy to use, and have used for many years. So
> many of the other programs out there have a lot more capability than
> I want for basic photo editing and sharing.
>
> Appreciate if anyone has any thoughts!
>
> lisa
=================================
Forgive me for asking...but are you positive
that you are running IE6? Try opening an IE
Window and go to...Help / About...does it
say Version 6?

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP

bill

Jan 26, 2010, 9:51:01 PM1/26/10

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Unfortunately the only solution is to reinstall windows XP and make sure to install Picture It 2000 first. Then install other programs, register etc. etc.
I have the same problem. I love PI2000 and don't want the so-called
improved versions, but this is the only way to get it to run because XP uses
IE5 as its web browser which is accepted by PI2000.
> .

John@discussions.microsoft.com Raymond John

Mar 21, 2010, 6:35:01 PM3/21/10

Raymond John

Mar 21, 2010, 7:13:01 PM3/21/10
Janine,
I had the same problem when trying to install my old PI 2000 on my computer
with XP. After reading all the answers you received I was able to come up
with a solution that worked for me. One of the answers you received that
worked included the fact
that the installer made a CLEAN installation of the old PI2000. In other
words he didn't have Internet Explorer installed before installing PI 2000.
I had too manny programs to uninstall and reinstall to try that. However I
reasoned that the Wizard Error statement ment the PI 2000 install software
could not install IE 5 (Internet Explorer 5) because I had already had EI 8
on my computer. But I didn't want to remove the IE 8 in fear I would need it
to get back on line. So my geek friend suggested that I down load a version
of IE that was different from the the IE 8 because the download computer
check would find that I already had IE 8 installed and deny a download.
Therefore I downloaded EI 7 and saved it to Deaktop. Do not save to RUN.

Now you can remove your already installed ver of IE via control panel
"Remove or Install." Don't forget to uncheck the box in the Install Windows
programs on the left side. Now Install PI 2000. Then go to Desktop and
install the version of EI you downloaded. Don't forget to recheck the box in
the Windows Program dropdown. Now you can upgrade EI if you want to. It
worked for me. No promises and good luck. Ray

hachettdan

May 10, 2010, 9:39:01 PM5/10/10
Hi, i know its been along time since you posted this but I have PI200,and
PI2001.And I've noticed that it has the same problems unless I install it on
xp with sp1.But if I try to put it on after sp2 updates it fails,and the
newer Picture it programs suck,but I have a standalone of each if you need 2
borough it