Error No 0x800C0133 while downloading mail

Srinivasulu Bhattaram

Jan 30, 2009, 5:49:49 AM1/30/09
I have configured my GMail to OE (POP3)
From this morning onwards I ma getting the follwoing error
What could have gone wrong:
seena
An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server:
'pop.gmail.com',
Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800C0133

Ron Sommer

Jan 30, 2009, 9:06:34 AM1/30/09
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=76150
--
Ronald Sommer

"Srinivasulu Bhattaram" <bhatt...@gmail.com> wrote in message

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Jan 30, 2009, 11:50:08 AM1/30/09
1. Move any messages that you want to keep out of Inbox, Sent Items and
Deleted Items folders and into other local OE folders you've created for
archiving (saving) such messages.

2. Write down the location of your identity's store
(http://www.insideoe.com/files/store.htm#storemain).

3. Close OE.

4. In Windows Explorer, navigate to your store folder, find & delete the
files Inbox.dbx, Outbox.dbx, Sent Items.dbx, and Deleted Items.dbx.

To avoid such problems in the future, adhere to the following caveats:

- Don't use Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages. Move them to local
folders created for this purpose.

- Empty Deleted Items folder daily.

- Frequently perform a manual compact of all OE folders while "working
offline". More at http://www.insideoe.com/files/maintain.htm

- Do not cancel Automatic Compacting, should it occur, and do not attempt to
close OE via Task Manager or shutdown your machine if Automatic Compacting
is taking place.

- Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It can cause
corruption (i.e., loss of messages) and provides no additional protection:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Srinivasulu Bhattaram

Jan 30, 2009, 12:30:18 PM1/30/09
Thanks
seena
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Jan 30, 2009, 4:58:08 PM1/30/09
You're welcome.

pavan T

Aug 19, 2010, 6:59:58 AM8/19/10
An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800C0133

> On Friday, January 30, 2009 5:49 AM Srinivasulu Bhattaram wrote:

> I have configured my GMail to OE (POP3)
> From this morning onwards I ma getting the follwoing error
> What could have gone wrong:
> seena
> An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server:
> 'pop.gmail.com',
> Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800C0133

Bob E. Soxx

Aug 19, 2010, 8:41:51 AM8/19/10
Solve it yourself, HoopleHeaded EggHead. Why did you hijack, reply to
someone else's thread from 2009? Oh, I forgot. You jerks don't know how to
use newsgroups/forums.
"pavan T" <pa...@siddharthait.com> wrote in message

Bruce Hagen

Aug 19, 2010, 9:51:52 AM8/19/10
pavan T" <pa...@siddharthait.com> wrote in message
> An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server:
> 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: >995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error
> Number: 0x800C0133

<Moronic posting snipped>

Ever hear of "New Post"?

Error Number: 0x800C0133 = a corrupt Inbox.

Move any mail you wish to save to a local folder you create. Then delete
the problem Inbox as follows.

Tools | Options | Maintenance | Store Folder will reveal the location of
your Outlook Express files. Write the location down and navigate to it in
Windows Explorer or, copy and paste it into Start | Run.

In WinXP, Win2K & Win2K3 the OE user files (DBX and WAB) are by default
marked as hidden. To view these files in Windows Explorer, you must enable
Show Hidden Files and Folders under Start | Control Panel | Folder Options
| View.

With OE closed, find the Inbox.dbx and delete it. A new one will be
created automatically when you open OE.

General precautions for Outlook Express:

Do not archive mail in the Inbox or Sent Items. Create your own user
defined folders and move the messages you wish to save to them. Empty
Deleted Items folder daily. Although dbx files have a theoretical capacity
of 2GB, I recommend about a 300MB max for less chance of corruption.

After you are done, follow up by compacting your folders manually while
working *offline* and do it often.

Click on Outlook Express at the top of the folder tree so no folders are
open. Then: File | Work Offline (or double click Working Online in the
Status Bar). File | Folder | Compact all folders. Don't touch anything
until the compacting is completed.

Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant
layer of protection that eats up CPUs and causes a multitude of problems
such as time-outs and account setting changes. Your up-to-date A/V program
will continue to protect you sufficiently. For more, see:
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

strategy26

Aug 19, 2010, 12:14:04 PM8/19/10
For those replys this thread needs a top post if nothing else. Don't you
just hate it when pigs pretend to be helping?

Bob E. Soxx

Aug 19, 2010, 1:56:38 PM8/19/10
Run away, HoopleHead.

"strategy26" <other...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

dan cassidy

Jan 21, 2011, 11:38:12 AM1/21/11
This worked Great for me. I had a corrupt inbox, just moving all my messages to a new folder and deleting the inbox.dbx worked. I also refiled all of his folders, seemed he was creating folders in his inbox folder. D:

Thanks!

> On Friday, January 30, 2009 5:49 AM Srinivasulu Bhattaram wrote:

> I have configured my GMail to OE (POP3)
> From this morning onwards I ma getting the follwoing error
> What could have gone wrong:
> seena
> An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server:
> 'pop.gmail.com',
> Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800C0133

wsacc...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2012, 1:36:15 AM12/6/12

sungreene...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2017, 11:53:12 AM1/15/17

Bruce Hagen

Jan 15, 2017, 1:12:26 PM1/15/17
Error Number: 0x800C0133 = a corrupt folder, usually the Inbox.

Move any mail you wish to save to a local folder you create. Then delete the
problem Inbox as follows.

Tools | Options | Maintenance | Store Folder will reveal the location of
your Outlook Express files. Write the location down and navigate to it in
Windows Explorer or, copy and paste it into Start | Run.

In WinXP, the OE user files (DBX and WAB) are by default marked as hidden.

dailyd...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2017, 5:11:32 AM1/25/17

sbpo...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2018, 3:55:23 AM1/16/18