OE6 Address Book Can be Accessed by Different Identities

Arnold Baxter

Mar 8, 2015, 2:35:57 PM3/8/15
I have set up OE6 with 2 identities, each with its own separate address book. I noticed today that I can search and find a name in either addrbk from within either identity. Also, when I export an addressbk from one identity to hard drive for backup, each one contains all the info from both identities combined.

Is there something I'm missing about how to keep these 2 identities separate, including the address book access?

Thanks in advance.

Arnold

Bruce Hagen

Mar 8, 2015, 2:45:27 PM3/8/15
"Arnold Baxter" <no...@nowhere.com> wrote in message
See this to shed some light on your issue.
http://www.insideoe.com/tips/morewabs.htm

Arnold Baxter

Mar 8, 2015, 3:14:56 PM3/8/15
"Bruce Hagen" <B...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:mdi5ap$gh7$1...@dont-email.me...
Thanks, Bruce. Good info but way over my head. In my situation, there seems to be one master address book, with all names accessible from both identities, but only certain names shown in the main listing on each.

Mostly just curious. This is not a big deal for me. I only had a dozen names duplicated, so deleted them from both.

Bruce Hagen

Mar 8, 2015, 3:23:59 PM3/8/15
"Arnold Baxter" <no...@nowhere.com> wrote in message
YW. They do blend together which is wht Tom wrote this tip.

Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

Nov 11, 2015, 1:03:16 AM11/11/15
"Bruce Hagen" <B...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:mdi7j1$qj5$1...@dont-email.me...
Making some progress. I created a new identity and set it up to send/receive using the same email address that has the problem. I can send/receive just fine with the new identity. Then I moved all the folders over from the old identity using windows explorer and the problem came back. Evidently the problem is in one of the folders. Any idea how to go about finding which one is causing the problem?

Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

Nov 11, 2015, 12:34:02 PM11/11/15
"Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney" <Snuffy-...@Livebait-McKinney.com> wrote in message news:d_6dnY3Erry-R9_L...@earthlink.com...
---

OK, I may have found the problem. One of the dbx filenames was not familiar to me. I opened that folder and the emails were all spam, so I deleted that folder/files, wiping them. After that all seems to be working again as normal.

After moving the files, I noticed that some dbx filenames now do not match the contents. I am opening each one now, creating a new folder with a correct name, moving them into the new folder and then deleting the old folder. So far so good.

I could not figure out how to transfer the mail rules, which doesn't matter now since the folders are being replaced.

As I have time, I'll still install thunderbird. No more "up" grading of MS products for me. Eventually I want to get away from all MS products and try Linux. If Linux is not the way to go, I'll get a Mac before going back to MS.

Was is someone here who said that MS is the only business that tells you it's most recent product is full of problems, stops supporting it and tells you to buy another one?

THANKS VERY MUCH to everyone for all the great help!!