- Anyone an expert at Outlook 2000 Rules?

Jon

Nov 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/23/00
I'd like to make Outlook do this :

Check messages when they arrive
Delete them
Except with *a choice of* specified words in the TO or CC field

or

Check messages when they arrive
Delete them
Except with *a choice of* specified words in the header

The specified words need to be more than just 1, with "OR" as a boolean
(meaning that messages should be deleted unless they contain "word 1" OR
"word 2" OR "word 3"... any one of these words will prevent the message from
being deleted.)

This is the only way to auto-delete spam on an account that has multiple
aliases (that can receive mail addressed to 10 different addresses through
the same account).

When you specify words in the SUBJECT or BODY, Outlook lets you pick however
many words you want. But in the HEADER or TO/CC, you only get to pick one.

The only thing stopping me from performing the rule I want to perform is
Outlook's inability to accept "OR" as a separating boolean, when specifying
words in the HEADER or TO/CC.

How do I make Outlook 2000 delete mail EXCEPT when it contains one of
several possibilities of words in the TO/CC field?

Try it... you'll see what I mean. It won't let you specify more than 1 word
to look for in the TO/CC field (or even HEADER). You can't put several
separated by commas or quotes or anything.

Does this mean it can't be done?

-J.

Tom C. Koch

Nov 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/23/00