Collecting Form Data with Outlook 98

David Landy

Jan 21, 2004, 5:06:36 AM1/21/04
Attention all Outlook 98 Gurus!

I'm setting up a system to survey people with questions, and store the
results in a database, using Outlook 98. The system is a kind of
workflow management system, so the contents of each questionnaire
change depending on the current state of the process.

I've set up a piece of VBA code in Access to generate Outlook 98
emails automatically using the Outlook 98 Object Model, with voting
buttons and text. So far so good!

The problem is this: I also want users to fill in some text boxes or
drop-down boxes, as well as being able to vote (or click some other
button on the form) to submit their response.

I've considered using Outlook Forms, but you can't generate these
on-the-fly through automation, so that's no good.

I've considered using an HTML Form in the email body, but how do you
submit the form? (Outlook doesn't include the original message when
submitting a vote.)

Any suggestions/solutions welcome!

David.