send/receive dialog box - won't go away Outlook XP

Brandon S

Oct 7, 2002, 11:40:43 PM10/7/02
I have office XP Pro. I'm about to go nuts with Outlook's "Send/Receive Progress" box popping up in the middle of my work. I've checked the box that says "Don't display this" when it pops up, yet, it keeps coming back. I've searched high and low for some tips on how to get this progress box from popping up because it keeps ME from getting any PROGRESS done on my work. Any tips? I'm comfortable in the registry if the answer lies there... I just can't find the answer anywhere. Thanks in advance!

By the way, both service packs are installed, and I'm running Win XP Home.

FJ

Oct 8, 2002, 12:22:16 AM10/8/02
I would close Outlook and then open the Task Manager and scroll down the "processes" list to make sure it is totally turned off. Sometimes it will look closed and still remain open to watch the mail box.
I use Win2K and I open the Task Manager by hitting "Ctrl+Alt+Del" I'm not sure about XP.

Jeff Stephenson [MS]

Oct 8, 2002, 11:30:28 AM10/8/02
As well as checking the "Don't display this" box, make sure the push-pin in
the lower right corner of the dialog is not pushed in.

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

Brandon S

Oct 13, 2002, 6:08:51 PM10/13/02
Yes, the push-pin in the dialog box is NOT pushed in.

This problem only happens when Outlook is minimized or isn't the window I'm
working in at the moment.

"Jeff Stephenson [MS]" <steph...@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

peter taufik

Oct 21, 2002, 12:59:43 PM10/21/02
I would suggest the following steps:
From: Robert Crayk (newsg...@crayk.com)
Subject: Re: Outlook 2002 Send/Receive Progress Dialog
Original Format
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
Date: 2002-07-17 02:45:24 PST

- close Outlook
- backup the registry
- delete the following key in registry and recreate it :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\OFFFICE\10.0\OUTLOOK\PREFERENCES.
The
key is a DWORD called SyncDlgSuppress and should have a value of 1

please post another message to tell us how it turns out. I found out
this solution from the following posting:

Robert Crayk (newsg...@crayk.com)
Original Format
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
Date: 2002-07-17 02:45:24 PST

Best Regards,

Peter Taufik

goodnooze

Nov 19, 2002, 3:13:53 AM11/19/02
My God...I think thats it! I, like the original poster, have been
going nuts over this problem. It is sooo distracting. I deleted
that dword value, restarted outlook, checked the 'dont show this
dialog.." box, which recreated that value...and voila! No more
send/receive dialog.

Thank you whoever you are!

-ken