[2021] follow up SENT mails

Ammammata

Aug 19, 2022, 5:32:47 AM8/19/22
I have a rule that sets the "follow up no date" for INCOMING messages, I
get a nice big red flag on them and consequently I found these mails in a
Search folder, called For Follow Up, that I created with the wizard

in the old Outlook 2010 I was able to set a similar rule also for SENT
messages, but in this new outlook version the above is not available, I can
only flag it with "Follow up within 0 days" that doesn't work as expected:
mails have a sort of "small flag in front of a man" instead of the big red
flag I have for incoming mails

and these sent mails doesn't appear in the a.m. Search folder

I exported the rules from the old and imported in the new, but the "result"
is still the same :/

any tip to sort it out or this is a new "feature" implemented in the last
outlook version?

Ammammata

Aug 23, 2022, 3:45:33 AM8/23/22
Il giorno Fri 19 Aug 2022 11:32:43a, *Ammammata* ha inviato su
microsoft.public.outlook il messaggio
news:XnsAEF87571C7CA8am...@127.0.0.1. Vediamo cosa ha
scritto:

> I have a rule

well, I tried something different, using Categories (purple) to identify my
"To do" mails.

it works fine, for both incoming and sent mails, but...

The oddity is that Outlook does NOT allow me to set (or reset) manually the
category because, it says, the account has been configured as IMAP (and
until the end of the year I cannot change this, later the mail will be
Esxchange server)

So now I have mails categorized in purple but I can't remove it when I
complete the task :)

I think I must write some VBA code to remove the category... :/

Ammammata

Aug 23, 2022, 4:13:24 AM8/23/22
Il giorno Tue 23 Aug 2022 09:45:30a, *Ammammata* ha inviato su
microsoft.public.outlook il messaggio
news:XnsAEFC634452ABBam...@127.0.0.1. Vediamo cosa ha
scritto:

> I think I must write some VBA code to remove the category... :/

thank you to <https://www.slipstick.com/developer/code-samples/macro-add-
remove-category/> for the idea

Sub MyPurple()

Dim StrCat As String
StrCat = "To Do"

Dim Mail As Object
Set Mail = Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection.item(1)

Debug.Print Mail.Categories
arr = Split(Mail.Categories, ",")
If UBound(arr) >= 0 Then

' Check for Category
For i = 0 To UBound(arr)
If Trim(arr(i)) = StrCat Then
' remove it
arr(i) = ""
Mail.Categories = Join(arr, ",")
Mail.Save
' Category Removed, exit
Exit Sub
End If
Next
End If

' Category not found, add it
Mail.Categories = StrCat & "," & Mail.Categories

End Sub