pst file (again) 2003 Outlook

1 view

TC

Jun 12, 2010, 11:32:47 PM6/12/10
Why can't I see (or find) my pst file? I am looking in C:\Documents
and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
and all I see is Outlook.NK2 and Outlook.srs, no pst file
THe program works correctly and when I go to "Data File Management"
and double click on my renamed_File, it showe in the path that the
file is named Outlook.pst.

Gordon

Jun 13, 2010, 6:31:52 AM6/13/10

"TC" <t...@conecap.com> wrote in message

It's a hidden file.

Peter Foldes

Jun 13, 2010, 6:39:17 AM6/13/10
Try

C:\Documents and Settings\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

TC

Jun 13, 2010, 8:33:28 AM6/13/10

Thanks, I know this is low level, but I'm still stuck trying to sync
up to machines in Outlook.

OK, how do I unhide it? I have gone into the MyDocuments\Tools\Folder
Settings and Checked "SHow Hidden Files", where else?

Christian Goeller

Jun 13, 2010, 7:42:18 PM6/13/10

The file is not stored in that folder, but in "C:\Documents
and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook"

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

MVP - MS Outlook
http://www.outlookfaq.net

TC

Jun 14, 2010, 2:38:14 PM6/14/10

I know where the file is supposed to be. The problem is it is not
visible. I have checked in the "Folder Options' to "Show Hidden
Files", what else can I do. IT is not showing up? lIs there anything
else I copuld have done to cause this.
Thanks for your (and everyones) help.
TC

Christian Goeller

Jun 15, 2010, 6:28:52 AM6/15/10
TC, you wrote on Mon, 14 Jun 2010 11:38:14 -0700 (PDT):

>>> Why can't I see (or find) my pst file? I am looking in C:\Documents
>>> and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
>>> and all I see is Outlook.NK2  and  Outlook.srs, no pst file
>>> THe program works correctly and when I go to "Data File Management"
>>> and double click on my renamed_File, it showe in the path that the
>>> file is named Outlook.pst.

>> The file is not stored in that folder, but in "C:\Documents
>> and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook"

> I know where the file is supposed to be. The problem is it is not

> visible. I have checked in the "Folder Options' to "Show Hidden
> Files", what else can I do. IT is not showing up? lIs there anything
> else I copuld have done to cause this.
> Thanks for your (and everyones) help.
> TC

You wrote you've been looking for the pst file in

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

But this is the wrong folder, Outlook stores pst files in