Outlook 2003 and Public Folders

Craig M. Sauvigne

Oct 4, 2003, 4:14:56 PM10/4/03
I am using Outlook 2003 and am having problems with
viewing Public Folders. I am running Outlook 2003 on a
WinXP Pro machine with all the latest updates. I am
connecting to an Exchange 2000 server with the latest
updates. If I use Outlook 2002, I can view the folders.
If I use OWA, I can view the folders. But with Outlook
2003, I get an 'access denied' error.

Has anyone seen this and is there a fix for it?

Thanks.

Craig

Patricia Cardoza - [Outlook MVP]

Oct 4, 2003, 4:46:28 PM10/4/03
How are you viewing them? In other words, are you using Public Folder
favorites? Are you running cached mode?

Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP

Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003

"Craig M. Sauvigne" <sauv...@winthrop.edu> wrote in message

Craig M. Sauvigne

Oct 4, 2003, 5:26:29 PM10/4/03
I am clicking on "Folder List" on the Navigation Pane and
then traversing to the Public Folder I want to view. When
I click on it, I get the error "Unable to display the
folder. You do not have sufficient permission to perform
this operation on this object. See the folder contact or
your system administrator."

I can see the list and I can successfully view some
folders but not others.

I am an owner on the "TechProjects" folder which is the
one I really need to access. I did not have that level of
access initially but when I moved to Outlook 2003 and got
that error, I increased the permission level. I still
can't view the contents of the folder. As I mentioned, I
can view it with Outlook 2002 and OWA.

As for cache mode, no. I am not using cache mode.

Craig

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Oct 4, 2003, 6:25:25 PM10/4/03
Try creating a new profile and see if that helps.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Craig M. Sauvigne <sauv...@winthrop.edu> asked:

Craig M. Sauvigne

Oct 4, 2003, 6:44:18 PM10/4/03
I logged on to a fresh install of WindowsXP that has been
updated with the latest patches. I then installed Outlook
2003 on that machine and configured it for my account. I
still could not view certain Public Folders.

Any other suggestions?

Craig

>.

Craig M. Sauvigne

Oct 8, 2003, 7:57:35 AM10/8/03
I have still not found any resolution to this issue. If anyone has any
suggestions, please let me know. This is the only thing holding us
back from recommending this product to our faculty/staff.

I guess we will wait for the first service pack or patches to see if
those work.

Craig