contacts popup list no longer available

Wendelin Uez

Jun 26, 2022, 6:32:56 AM6/26/22
An Outlook app has no longer access to the mail contacts when calling the
contacts popup list to insert a mail address into a new mail form, and it
shows a message box (translated from German) like this:

"The list of addresses cannot be shown. The contacts folder associated with
this address list was moved or deleted, or you have no access rights."

The contacts are still available, even in Outlook itself via the contacts
button on the lower left side where you can select mail, contacts, tasks,
and more. Only the most important use, to fill the address field in new
mails by picking up the address in a popup list, doesn't work anymore.

The Outlook app belongs a resident of an old people's home, works since
years with this installation is never able to work with files and folders,
so the reported reason is unlikely to be correct. I suppose that Outlook was
terminated out of order and some kind of overwriting a registry entry
happened. It's a 2003 version, but as I know MS Office products the kind of
internal organisation is often kept over versions, and so I hope to find
anyone which has the right experience with this.

Can anyone give me a hint what to do to repair this installation? We are
volunteers coming onnly every 2 weeks into the house and so do not have
great access to the PC.

Any suggestions are always welcome and very appreciated.

wuez