Convert OST to PST for multiple profiles?

Monte Kalisch

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
I am using Outlook 98 (although am excited about 2k) at home with IMO.

At work, using an Exchange server, we use corporate mode.

Here's the basic problem: I understand that because of MAPI limitations that I
cannot get the "Send Using" button with corporate mode (major! gripe but we'll
forget that for now). I've seen suggestions where people say to move the
delivery transportation method prior to sending mail; however, this does not
always work because the Exchange Server sometimes takes priority regardless
(and delivers all SMTP-based mail). I saw a few MVPs in Deja News confirm
this.

So, I guess I have to use separate profiles; fine, but I want to share my
contacts and address book (another gripe--why are these different; it's
terribly confusing) between these profiles. When I try to set up a new
profile, it asks me for my existing PST and PAB files. I could find the
existing PAB file but--ta da--there was no PST file. Thus, the new "profile"
had none of the contacts as the previous one (even though I had selected the
same PAB file..hmm...).

Apparently, I have this file called OST which has something to do with my
offline folders, blah blah. I don't care. =)

What I want to do is fairly simple; hopefully, someone can help me.
Additonally, I synch my Palm III up with Outlook (contact, calendar, etc.) at
home and at work. That doesn't really matter, except that part of this
procedure is working correctly.

Any help, pointers, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Oh--and hey Microsoft--get off your duff and provide a solution to this
problem! Macros or somethin'. Sheesh. =)

Have a great day!!

Gordon Padwick

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
Monte:

I'd like to help you solve your problem, but please take the time to explain
what that problem really is.

Outlook IMO and Outlook C/W not used as an Exchange client save all items in
a Personal Folders File. Outlook C/W used as an Exchange client can save
items in a Personal Folders file or in the Exchange store. An Offline
Folders file is a copy of what's in the Exchange store and is much like a
Personal Folders file.

In Outlook, you can use File, Import and Export to copy items from one place
to another.

Based on this, exactly what is it that you're having difficulty with?

Gordon

Sue Mosher [MVP]

Mar 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/19/99
While you're logged on to the Exchange Server, choose File | Import and
Export and you'll be able to export everything from your mailbox to a .pst
file.

The .ost file is your offline folders file, and can be used only with your
Exchange Server mailbox.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of "The Microsoft Outlook E-mail and Fax Guide"

Monte Kalisch <et...@usa.net> wrote in message

Monte Kalisch

Mar 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/19/99
Thanks Sue. One follow-up question, though, if I Export my OST file to a
PST file, then which one is used? I really want the PST file to contain
everything (so I can use it between the profiles).

Argh--this conversion between the two modes is very confusing. Thanks in
advance!

Sue Mosher [MVP] <sue...@slipstick.com> wrote in

russellmartin

Jun 11, 2020, 9:25:25 AM6/11/20
For switching, OST to PST Conversion software is one of the popular and safe solutions that allows migration of multiple OST files to PST. This application provides you rapid conversion facility without any third-party tool support. The utility is very easy to handle without any difficulty.

More info:- https://www.filefixutility.com/osttopst/

braxton green

Jul 30, 2020, 9:13:09 AM7/30/20
For making the OST to PST Conversion easier on the Mac system the user can try the OST to PST Converter for Mac Tool which is the great option for migrating as well as recovering the damaged OST file on the Mac system. This software is safe and easy to operate which makes the data easily converted and saved as a PST file. This software easily maintains email folders to restoring CC, BCC, To, From, and attachments. The application works Mac OS all versions 10.10, 10.11, 10.12, 10.13, 10.14. Download the free demo version software.

Visit here for more details:- https://www.mailvita.com/ost-to-pst-converter-for-mac/

A.J. Styles

May 24, 2021, 7:04:26 AM5/24/21
For an easy and trouble-free exporter of OST to PST files, download the specially designed OST to PST Converter Utility with the great functionality, which in just a few clicks, converting Outlook to OST for PST included different file formats. The perfect resource for the user to choose and use smooth selective migration that exports items and folders from OST to PST.

More Info:- https://www.toolsbaer.com/ost-to-pst-conversion/

Mack Jon

Apr 18, 2022, 1:14:02 AM4/18/22
If all profiles are still configured and accessible. Then Use Outlook Import/Export Option. But if profiles are not connected, the Exchange server is not available, Orphaned OST files, etc., in these situations you need a third-party solution that supports and maintains data integrity. For the same, I personally used SysTools OST Converter and it worked well for me. Most I liked the lifetime license validity and 15 Export option including popular PST, MBOX, PDF, vCard, CSV.

Check the official page for more details: https://www.systoolsgroup.com/converter/ost-pst.html

Joy Hopson

Apr 22, 2022, 5:47:19 AM4/22/22
If you want to convert OST to PST files, then use the most famous tool, which is the eSoftTools OST to PST Converter tool. It is an easy and secure way to convert OST to PST, Office365, HTML, EML, vCard, MSG, and MBOX files. This tool has unique features such as the ability to convert multiple OST files into a single PST file, which saves you time. It is designed with advanced technology, and the OST file conversion process is completed quickly, and programming works without the presence of MS Outlook. Clients only need to click a single button, and the software will automatically download OST files from any corruption.

For more info- https://www.esofttools.com/ost-to-pst-converter.html

Maria Smith

May 19, 2022, 1:52:08 AM5/19/22

Hi users, if you want to convert your all OST files into PST then you can try the following two softwares. These tools are extremely helpful in transferring the OST files to multiple other file formats and email clients.

1. DRS OST to PST Converter ( Visit - https://www.data-recovery-solutions.com/ost-to-pst-file-converter.php )
2. CloudMigration OST to PST Converter - ( Visit - https://www.cloudemailmigration.com/ost-to-pst-converter.php )

Both the applications are designed with an easy GUI and a high level of security algorithms. Your data is completely safe while migrating from one format to another file/ email format. You can download demo versions of both the utilities and check their functionality. And in case, if you have any queries, then you can directly contact the tech support team at any time.

isha goyal

Sep 15, 2022, 12:39:28 AM9/15/22
Let me share my views with you. If you have a working OST file, you can go with the Import/Export wizard functionality of Outlook.

If you have an orphaned, damaged OST file, the above solution doesn't work. My recommendation is to use Corbett OST to PST Converter.

Key Features of this Professional OST File to PST File Converter Tool

1. It provides you multiple preview modes to open and read Outlook OST Files
2. Can easily exclude email headers from the OST files
3. Create individual PST file for each folder
4. Easily convert bulk OST to PST with this tool
5. Convert only selective OST files to PST File format

Read More: https://corbettsoftware.com/convert/ost/pst.html

Elena Jones

Sep 15, 2022, 1:08:16 AM9/15/22
Hi Monte Kalisch,

As per my technical expertise with MS Outlook, you can complete this process manually. If these conditions are satisfied:

1) Working OST File
2) Active Outlook Profile

If both conditions are matched, use these strings for all Outlook editions:

No manual solution is available if the above requirements are not matched. In that case, go with BitRecover OST to PST Converter. An Expert solution that allows to the conversion of damaged, inaccessible, corrupted OST files to PST format. Also, the toolkit offers recover mode for good.

Visit Link to Know More: https://www.bitrecover.com/ost-to-pst/

Tracy Miller

Sep 20, 2022, 6:53:33 AM9/20/22
If you have multiple profiles of Outlook and wants to convert them into PST format, then I would advise you to choose any professional tool. Because your crucial data matters and not few bucks. So, it is better to use any trusted solution for performing this process.

I would suggest you to try most renowned tool i.e. ZOOK OST to PST Converter for this task. It is a simple and error-free solution to convert OST files into PST format. The tool is especially designed to perform this type of task. The tool has batch mode which offers to export multiple OST files into PST format. Just download the FREE trial to evaluate the working efficiency. After the successful migration, you can easily access your multiple Outlook profiles in Outlook again without any issue.

Check out here: https://www.zooksoftware.com/ost-to-pst/

Follow Simple Steps to Convert OST to PST:
1. Download and install the tool.
2. Select OST Files from PC.
3. Choose the desired destination path.
4. At last click the OK button.

ANKIT ROY

Sep 26, 2022, 3:45:27 AM9/26/22
You can easily convert OST to PST for multiple profiles using THE MacSonik OST to PST Converter Tool. It is the most reliable and genuine software that converts and migrate OST file data into PST, PDF, EML, MSG, TXT, HTML, DOC, IMAP, iCloud, Gmail, Yahoo, Thunderbird, AOL, Office 365, etc. The OST to PST Converter Tool keeps the fodler hierarchy intact during the entore conversion process. Users can also perform the bulk operation without any risk of single data elimination. You must check out this software at once to know the features and functionality.

Visit:- https://www.macsonik.com/ost-pst-converter/

Della Taylor

Sep 27, 2022, 2:33:14 AM9/27/22
If you are searching for the efficient and fast conversion solution that convert OST to PST for multiple profiles, then download Softaken OST to PST Converter Software. It's instantly convert single or bulk OST files to PST without creating errors. This utility has various technical features that makes it's more popular in the software industry. It convert entire OST files data like- emails, notes, journals, tasks, contacts, etc, into PST quickly with the few mouse clicks. During procedure of conversion, it's preserve your emails properties(cc, bcc, to, from) and data structure. This program operate with all windows and Outlook versions up to 11. For users comfort it's also offer trial pack, which users can convert a few OST files to PST without spending any money.

Steps to Convert OST to PST for multiple Profiles

Download the Softaken OST to PST Converter Tool.
Run , and then browse the OST files/folder.
It's scan and show the live preview of OST files.
Select PST file from the export option.
Choose the location to save the resultant PST files.
Now, hit on the convert now tab to start the conversion process.

Website:- https://www.softaken.com/ost-to-pst-converter

Sys David Mark

Sep 27, 2022, 6:57:05 AM9/27/22
Are you looking for best solution to Convert OST to PST file format by using one of the best "KDETools OST to PST Converter" tool is a efficient and faster solution to migrate unlimited Offline OST files into PST for Outlook format without limitation. Read more: https://www.kdetools.com/ost-to-pst-converter.html

This tool also provide you multi-saving option to Import OST files in

OST to Office 365,
OST to Exchange server,
OST to Gmail
OST to Gsuite
OST to MBOX
OST to HTML
OST to vCard
OST to ICS
OST to CSV

https://www.kdetools.com/ost-to-pst-converter.html

Aryson Technologies

Oct 14, 2022, 4:29:41 AM10/14/22
If you want to convert OST file to PST and other multiple formats then you can use a professional software. Aryson OST to PST Converter is a one of the most popular and expert recommended tool that convert OST file into PST and other multiple profiles.

https://www.arysontechnologies.com/convert-ost-to-pst-online.html

https://www.arysontechnologies.com/blog/how-to-convert-ost-to-pst-with-easy-methods/
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

sonali raj

Jan 12, 2023, 10:07:04 AM1/12/23
If you have multiple profiles of Outlook and wants to convert them into PST format, then I would advise you to choose Magus OST to PST converter tool. I personally used this software and got accurate result. Give it a try- https://www.magustools.com/ost-conversion/pst.php

James Stuart

Feb 17, 2023, 3:43:48 AM2/17/23
To convert OST to PST files, you can use Outlook Import/Export tab to export PST files. But this will only work if your Outlook data file is accessible and not corrupted. In the case of Corrupted OST file, you need to use OST to PST converter to repair and convert corrupted OST files to PST. Check out the guide below to learn about the 10 best OST to PST converter tools.

Visit: https://www.cloudbik.com/resources/blog/10-best-ost-to-pst-converter/