Outlook 2019 and search command

1 view

Ammammata

Jan 3, 2022, 10:09:04 AM1/3/22
Hello world, happy new year!

I just got a call from a customer: he says that NOT ALL searches he
makes in Outlook give the proper list of matching items

I made some tests and confirm: many times the search works, sometimes
doesn't

For those searches that didn't work I noticed the presence of a
particolar character in the Subject, see below

[Conversation]:="2021 ABC’s cooking range - aesthetical and features
renew / “regeneration” / response ABC"

note the word “regeneration” that's included in a particular "inverted
commas" that are NOT the same I just used for "inverted commas" :)

I found this:

Unexpected search results when you use double quotation marks to search
items in a mailbox in Outlook
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/unexpected-search-results-when-you-use-double-quotation-marks-to-search-items-in-a-mailbox-in-outlook-d1de87c9-2ce6-0ce7-69b6-a6e872ba14c8

do you have similar experiences?

TIA