Sending Outlook Calendar Appointment via vbscript?

Don Ennis

May 15, 2003, 8:14:27 AM5/15/03

I tried this code to send an outlook calendar appointment using asp
vbscript:

SendMeetingRequest()
Sub SendMeetingRequest()
Dim objOL 'As Outlook.Application
Dim objAppt 'As Outlook.AppointmentItem
Const olAppointmentItem = 1
Const olMeeting = 1

Set objOL = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set objAppt = objOL.CreateItem(olAppointmentItem)
With objAppt
.Subject = "My Test Appointment"
.Start = Now + 1
.End = DateAdd("h", 1, .Start)

' make it a meeting request
.MeetingStatus = olMeeting
.RequiredAttendees = "don....@afams.af.mil"
.Send
End With

Set objAppt = Nothing
Set objOL = Nothing
End Sub

but get this error:

Microsoft Outlook error '00001000'
Could not complete the operation because the service provider does not
support it.

Cindy

May 16, 2003, 3:07:22 PM5/16/03
Don,

I made a little change to your code. It worked for me.
Here is the code.

SendMeetingRequest

Sub SendMeetingRequest()
Dim objOL 'As Outlook.Application
Dim objAppt 'As Outlook.AppointmentItem
Const olAppointmentItem = 1
Const olMeeting = 1

Set objOL = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set objAppt = objOL.CreateItem(olAppointmentItem)

objAppt.Subject = "My Test Appointment"
objAppt.Start = #7/18/03 1:30:00 PM#
objAppt.End = #7/18/03 2:30:00 PM#
objAppt.Location = "Test Environment"

' make it a meeting request

objAppt.MeetingStatus = olMeeting
objAppt.RequiredAttendees = "som...@someco.com"
objAppt.Send

Set objAppt = Nothing
Set objOL = Nothing
End Sub

>.

news

May 27, 2003, 3:32:14 PM5/27/03
Hi
can you help me to change the code.
Iwant to create a buton in an contactform that creates a appointment with
this contact
sendind the companyname of the contact to
objAppt.Subject = "My Test Appointment" companyname!!!

and the body of the contact to the body of the appointment

thanks for ideas
EundE

"Cindy" <anxia...@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag