Outlook 2007 inboxes x 2 problem

Judy

Nov 12, 2008, 2:20:01 AM11/12/08
I recently bought a new Vista Desktop with an Office 2007 trial software and
used the wizard to configure my email account before migrating my old data.
I have ended up with 2 inboxes:

1 Personal folders inbox which doesn't receive my mail - used to work fine
my old PCl
2. email address folder inbox which does receive my mail.

I cant use junk mail rules on the inbox in the email address folder and when
I move mail to my personal folders inbox, it just crosses them out but doesnt
actually delete them.

The email address inbox folder is of type "Folder containing iMap items",
whereas the personal folder inbox is of type "Folder containing mail and post
items".

Have looked but cant work out what to change in my account set up to fix the
problem so my emails come into my personal folders inbox and I can ditch the
other inbox.

Mary

Nov 12, 2008, 12:44:09 PM11/12/08
If you don't intend to buy ($150+) and upgrade to the full version within 30
days, you are wasting your time setting up Outlook. Make sure you backup your
file because when the trial period is up soon, Outlook will stop working.

DL

Nov 12, 2008, 3:47:30 PM11/12/08
Do you have an IMAP or Pop mail account, or both?

How exactly did you migrate old outlook data?

"Judy" <Ju...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

Nov 13, 2008, 11:24:12 AM11/13/08
"Judy" <Ju...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I recently bought a new Vista Desktop with an Office 2007 trial software

>and
> used the wizard to configure my email account before migrating my old
> data.
> I have ended up with 2 inboxes:
>
> 1 Personal folders inbox which doesn't receive my mail - used to work
> fine
> my old PCl
> 2. email address folder inbox which does receive my mail.
>
> I cant use junk mail rules on the inbox in the email address folder and
> when
> I move mail to my personal folders inbox, it just crosses them out but
> doesnt
> actually delete them.

You have two sets of folders because on of them (where the messages get
crossed out) is an IMAP account and IMAP accounts ALWAYS get their own
folder sets that reflect the folders on the server. The only way you can
merge the two is to use POP instread of IMAP.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Cindy Flatin

Dec 28, 2010, 6:00:25 PM12/28/10
I have this same problem and I have no idea how to make the POP account the default as the default button is grayed out when I try. How can I do this. It has been bugging me ever since it happened. My nephew helped me set up my new computer and when we did it I was not getting any emails so when I went in and tried, it set up another account and now I have 2 of all the folders. I would like to have only the POP account but not sure how to do it. Help Please!

> On Wednesday, November 12, 2008 2:20 AM Jud wrote:

> I recently bought a new Vista Desktop with an Office 2007 trial software and
> used the wizard to configure my email account before migrating my old data.
> I have ended up with 2 inboxes:
>
> 1 Personal folders inbox which doesn't receive my mail - used to work fine
> my old PCl
> 2. email address folder inbox which does receive my mail.
>
> I cant use junk mail rules on the inbox in the email address folder and when
> I move mail to my personal folders inbox, it just crosses them out but doesnt
> actually delete them.
>

> The email address inbox folder is of type "Folder containing iMap items",
> whereas the personal folder inbox is of type "Folder containing mail and post
> items".
>
> Have looked but cant work out what to change in my account set up to fix the
> problem so my emails come into my personal folders inbox and I can ditch the
> other inbox.

>> On Wednesday, November 12, 2008 12:44 PM Mar wrote:

>> If you don't intend to buy ($150+) and upgrade to the full version within 30
>> days, you are wasting your time setting up Outlook. Make sure you backup your
>> file because when the trial period is up soon, Outlook will stop working.
>>

>> "Judy" wrote:

>>> On Wednesday, November 12, 2008 3:47 PM DL wrote:

>>> Do you have an IMAP or Pop mail account, or both?
>>>
>>> How exactly did you migrate old outlook data?

zoras...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2013, 7:56:23 AM11/22/13
I think your PST has minor corruption that can be fix with SCANPST.EXE. Yet this tool unable to repair PST then use alternative solution to do you task like Outlook recovery tool- http://www.securasecurity.org/tag/outlookrecoverytool/