MS Outlook with Gmail

Graham Naylor

Apr 12, 2017, 9:18:39 AM4/12/17

I am trying to get Outlook 2016 to work with my Gmail account but with no
success. The setting I am using are as follows:

In Gmail (On Forwarding/POP/IMAP page):

Enable IMAP: Checked

In Outlook:

Your Name: My First Name & Surname
Email Address: My Gmail Email address
Account Type: IMAP
Incoming Mail Server: imap.gmail.com
Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.gmail.com
Username: My Email Address
Password: My Gmail password

On the More Settings Page:

Outgoing Server Tab:

Use same settings as my incoming mail server: checked

Advanced Tab:

Incoming Server (IMAP): 993
Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL
Outgoing Server (smtp): 465
Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL

When trying to log on/test connection automatically during setup the
connection times out, any ideas?

Thanks

Graham

Graham Naylor

Apr 12, 2017, 10:16:49 AM4/12/17
Hi again,

Ignore my message for help, I stumbled across the solution in Gmail (Needed
a setting changed to unsecure the connection).

Thanks anyway