Hotfix for KB 969168 fails to install. Now what?

dbherberg

Dec 22, 2009, 12:12:01 PM12/22/09
I'm trying to run Office XP on a new cleanly-installed Windows 7 64 bit
system. I get the exact symptoms as described in KB article 969168
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969168), concerning the need for the missing
Microsoft Agent. So I requested and received the associated hotfix. When I
go to install the hotfix, the install fails with "not applicable to your
computer." Needless to say, the Office XP problem remains. What do I do
next?

Also, Outlook does not retain the email account passwords, even though the
"remember password" box is checked. Is this problem related to the first?

Thanks,
David

DL

Dec 22, 2009, 12:29:20 PM12/22/09
OfficeXP is not comaptible with Vista or Win7, primarily problems relate to
Outlook, passwords being one such

"dbherberg" <dbhe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

JeremyH

Jan 4, 2010, 8:48:02 AM1/4/10
I have exactly the same problem (except that my PC is x86 not 64bit) - with
both the hotfix and the mail passwords.

I note that the downloaded hotfix is entitled "Windows6.1-KB969168-x86" - is
Windows 7 actually Woindows 6.1 or have I been given the wrong version of the
hotfix?

DL says that Office XP is "not compatible" with Vista or Windows 7 - I can
appreciate that there will be some aspects that might not work perfectly, but
surely it's a stretch to say they're incompatible with each other - otherwise
Microsoft wouldn't offer this hotfix to sort out a minor problem.

vr2...@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2015, 2:26:38 PM7/27/15
Dear Sir,

This is Andrew from Hong Kong. Yes I face the same problem, Office XP with Win 7, hotfix not works.

Any idea eventually?

Cheers,
Andrew